Browns 35 Bengals 30

5 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

The Bengals may be 0 and 2. However, I have seen enough from Burrow in two games. That I know we have our QB, and he is going to be a stud.  Now this off season, they have to do what ever they can to upgrade the line. 

Which would mean basically no way you can sign Green back. You have to protect your franchise QB. He seems like he is good enough, that if we put a good enough line in front of him. He is one that can do well with other receivers. 

Green looks physically worn out.  Then you have John Ross who really doesn’t contribute much.  Both salaries should go to Oline.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, futurecoach said:

The Bengals in 2015 drafted a lineman in first and second round and they ended up sucking. They drafted Price in first round and he can’t even beat these guys out. 

Drafting a lineman, just to draft a lineman isn’t smart. Especially if you don’t view that lineman who is available as one that may be good enough. 

With that said, they should have been proactive and tried to trade for Trent Williams, or something. Instead of just basically rolling back out the same bad right side of the line. 

It's easy to say they should have tried to trade for Trent Williams, but why on earth would he have wanted to come to Cincinnati?  From what I remember, he had a small list of teams he was willing to play for.

7 hours ago, catholicdude said:

I thought a telling stat was the one Aikman said late in the game: The Bengals had the 3 worst tacklers in the NFL last season.  They aren't much better now.  Bates didn't tackle anyone tonight.

Also, when you have the ball First and Goal at the 6 inch line, go under center and QB sneak.  If they stop you, do it again.  If they stop you the second time, do it again.  They lost almost 10 yards on 2 plays.  

Another thing I noticed:  Why do the Bengal DB's always get caught up in picks by receivers but they never seem to run any pick routes?

Comes down to the basics, if you can't block and you can't tackle, you can't win.  If you throw in bad play calling, you don't have a chance.  

The Bengals ran a pick play on the fourth down conversion in the first quarter for Boyd, Green set the "pick".

Just saw where last night made 9 times in the last 32 games the Bengals gave up over 200 yards rushing, just a RIDICULOUS stat!!!  Read Reader’s post game comments and he was really ticked, it’s about time somebody on that D got ticked off!!!  Now some people on the O line need to get ticked off too!!

As a Browns fan, two games in, I'm encouraged. In the first game, I think the Ravens are just that good. In the second game, I agree with most said here, if the Bengals had a better O-Line, it's a different game. The Browns got back to what Stefanski's design is and that is run the ball effectively and set up the play-action pass. With the exception of one throw, Mayfield played as well as he did in most games from his first season. I hope he puts last season behind him finally. Granted, the Browns won't rush for 200+ yards every game, but Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt are the best top 2 tailbacks on any team in the league.

Morning after thoughts: 

1) Burrow is so special. I think Taylor is doing a great job of building the offense around him and what he has to work with this season. 

2) Boyd and Higgins are the top receivers going forward. If you can get anything for Green this season, it’s time to move him. 

3) Geno Atkins is the most underrated defensive player in the NFL. His presence is being missed surely right now. At the same time though, the edge rushers have to do a much better job of setting the edge and forcing running backs to cut back so our linebackers have opportunities to shoot the gaps and make plays. The tackling last night was horrific, but a lot of it had to do with the fact that they were having to play reactionary which forced them to be out of position and harder to make tackles are running backs as good as Chubb and Hunt. 

4) Invest in the freaking O line and stop missing on draft picks. I still believe Price wasn’t really their fault. That injury his rookie year set him back so far that he’s not been able to recover. If he doesn’t have that injury I think he’s in a much different place. But Ogbeuhi, Fisher, and Price should all be bookends on this o line right now and 2 are off the team and one is buried deep on the depth chart. That can’t happen, but at the same time if those picks panned out, we not have been in position to get Burrow so it’s a catch 22. 

5)  Joe Burrow. My lord I love this kid. I wish I would’ve known when I went to the Ohio State/Nebraska game in 2016 and got to watch Burrow play the second half, that he was going to be this special. Man I love this kid. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

Morning after thoughts: 

1) Burrow is so special. I think Taylor is doing a great job of building the offense around him and what he has to work with this season. 

2) Boyd and Higgins are the top receivers going forward. If you can get anything for Green this season, it’s time to move him. 

3) Geno Atkins is the most underrated defensive player in the NFL. His presence is being missed surely right now. At the same time though, the edge rushers have to do a much better job of setting the edge and forcing running backs to cut back so our linebackers have opportunities to shoot the gaps and make plays. The tackling last night was horrific, but a lot of it had to do with the fact that they were having to play reactionary which forced them to be out of position and harder to make tackles are running backs as good as Chubb and Hunt. 

4) Invest in the freaking O line and stop missing on draft picks. I still believe Price wasn’t really their fault. That injury his rookie year set him back so far that he’s not been able to recover. If he doesn’t have that injury I think he’s in a much different place. But Ogbeuhi, Fisher, and Price should all be bookends on this o line right now and 2 are off the team and one is buried deep on the depth chart. That can’t happen, but at the same time if those picks panned out, we not have been in position to get Burrow so it’s a catch 22. 

5)  Joe Burrow. My lord I love this kid. I wish I would’ve known when I went to the Ohio State/Nebraska game in 2016 and got to watch Burrow play the second half, that he was going to be this special. Man I love this kid. 

Agree with everything you said, except on Price. All players in the NFL have dealt with an injury at some point. This year now year three, an injury from a rookie year. Would have zero effect on him simply not being good now. 

There is a much better chance, that he is simply not good. The Bengals reached by picking him when they did, and now they are paying for it. They picked a center at that spot, because they felt like they had to. Even though the value of him, didn’t match where they were picking at. 

To have a chance to beat good teams your defense has to do AT LEAST 1 of the following:

1.  Stop the run - (negatory on that one, 372 yards rushing in 2 games!)

2.  Be good against the pass which almost always starts with getting pressure on the QB (negatory on that one too, no sacks in 2 games!)

3. OR be really good at creating TO’s (negatory on that one too, 1 TO in 2 games!!)

STRIKE THREE!!

Offensively, on the play that completely changed the game, the strip/sack, Johnson and Hart BOTH whiffed!!!!!!  How is that possible???  Fall down in front of somebody!!!!!  Poor Joe, I almost wish they’d trade him before he gets his career ended, which is probably going to happen with all the hard hits he’s taken already. 

3 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

To have a chance to beat good teams your defense has to do AT LEAST 1 of the following:

1.  Stop the run - (negatory on that one, 372 yards rushing in 2 games!)

2.  Be good against the pass which almost always starts with getting pressure on the QB (negatory on that one too, no sacks in 2 games!)

3. OR be really good at creating TO’s (negatory on that one too, 1 TO in 2 games!!)

STRIKE THREE!!

Offensively, on the play that completely changed the game, the strip/sack, Johnson and Hart BOTH whiffed!!!!!!  How is that possible???  Fall down in front of somebody!!!!!  Poor Joe, I almost wish they’d trade him before he gets his career ended, which is probably going to happen with all the hard hits he’s taken already. 

I think Joe is bound and determined to will this team to wins..or die trying.  He only knows winning.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2020 at 1:13 PM, Voice of Reason said:

Bynes is the only LB doing anything. LB is still a huge issue despite multiple draft picks. Duke Tobin's job should be in big time jeopardy.

Way to early be be saying that on the linebackers. Just like people have talked about with Burrow. The linebackers had zero pre season games, to get ready for NFL speed. Two games is way to early to start acting like they missed on these linebackers. 

With that said Tobin has had a lot of misses the last 4 to 5 years that has really killed this team. So he better hope these players end up working out.