Final if the Bengals could just get some O-line and defensive play and this team could be pretty good in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

Round 2, pick 33: Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

Round 3, pick 65: Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming

Round 4, pick 107: Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State

Round 5, pick 147: Khalid Kareem, DE, Notre Dame

A lineman in the top 5 would have helped if you ask me.  Great game Joe, a warrior like always, just hope he doesn’t get hurt.

• Like 1

Almost 8 minutes more in T.O.P. and the Bengals ran 30 more plays from scrimmage and lose because the Bengals averaged 4 yards per play but the Browns averaged 7.5 yards per play. Just terrible!

6 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Congrats @oldgrappler

I was walking home from the game (party) and I was thinking I need to congratulate @oldgrappler :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

Bengals fans have to like what they saw out of Burrows.  He keeps coming.  

We have 3 solid guys on the left side of the line with Hopkins, Jordan, and Williams. The right side is just so bad. As an Ohio State guy it’s just hard to see Billy Price not even be able to make the lineup. Maybe it’s blind fandom, but the defense should get better once Geno gets back. When you don’t have that interior guy to clog up the middle and get pressure, it’s hard to play consistent defense. Geno Atkins is hands down the most underappreciated Bengal and probably the most underappreciated player in the league the last 6-7 years. We need him back. At the end of the day, I just love watching Joe Burrow play quarterback. It will take time, but we have such a special guy under center. 

I never did get any opinions back, do you guys think Anarumo knows what he’s doing??

21 minutes ago, John Anthony said:

Round 2, pick 33: Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

Round 3, pick 65: Logan Wilson, LB, Wyoming

Round 4, pick 107: Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB, Appalachian State

Round 5, pick 147: Khalid Kareem, DE, Notre Dame

A lineman in the top 5 would have helped if you ask me.  Great game Joe, a warrior like always, just hope he doesn’t get hurt.

The Bengals in 2015 drafted a lineman in first and second round and they ended up sucking. They drafted Price in first round and he can’t even beat these guys out. 

Drafting a lineman, just to draft a lineman isn’t smart. Especially if you don’t view that lineman who is available as one that may be good enough. 

With that said, they should have been proactive and tried to trade for Trent Williams, or something. Instead of just basically rolling back out the same bad right side of the line. 

25 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Final if the Bengals could just get some O-line and defensive play and this team could be pretty good in my opinion.

The defensive play in the first game was very good. The offense was sloppy, besides the last drive. 

Today the offense was better, even though the line sucked. However, the defense sucked tonight. 

So i guess in the next game, both the offense and defense will suck. Or both will play well at the same time. Hopefully it is the second one lol. 

The Bengals may be 0 and 2. However, I have seen enough from Burrow in two games. That I know we have our QB, and he is going to be a stud.  Now this off season, they have to do what ever they can to upgrade the line. 

Which would mean basically no way you can sign Green back. You have to protect your franchise QB. He seems like he is good enough, that if we put a good enough line in front of him. He is one that can do well with other receivers. 

2 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

The Bengals may be 0 and 2. However, I have seen enough from Burrow in two games. That I know we have our QB, and he is going to be a stud.  Now this off season, they have to do what ever they can to upgrade the line. 

Which would mean basically no way you can sign Green back. You have to protect your franchise QB. He seems like he is good enough, that if we put a good enough line in front of him. He is one that can do well with other receivers. 

Agree, right side of O line might be worst I’ve ever seen

I thought a telling stat was the one Aikman said late in the game: The Bengals had the 3 worst tacklers in the NFL last season.  They aren't much better now.  Bates didn't tackle anyone tonight.

Also, when you have the ball First and Goal at the 6 inch line, go under center and QB sneak.  If they stop you, do it again.  If they stop you the second time, do it again.  They lost almost 10 yards on 2 plays.  

Another thing I noticed:  Why do the Bengal DB's always get caught up in picks by receivers but they never seem to run any pick routes?

Comes down to the basics, if you can't block and you can't tackle, you can't win.  If you throw in bad play calling, you don't have a chance.  

1 minute ago, futurecoach said:

The defensive play in the first game was very good. The offense was sloppy, besides the last drive. 

Today the offense was better, even though the line sucked. However, the defense sucked tonight. 

So i guess in the next game, both the offense and defense will suck. Or both will play well at the same time. Hopefully it is the second one lol. 

I'll have to see the Chargers some more I'm not sure it was our D or the Chargers offense may not be very good especially with them having a couple of injuries to offensive linemen. Plus they still gave up 365 yards of offense and 5.1 yards per play.

• Like 1