Which home temperature are you picking?

Randy Parker

This is going to sound weird, but it’s C in the summer, and A in the winter.  In fall and spring, my system usually isnt running at all.  At below 74, in the summer, it’s absolutely freezing in my house.  With my whole home humidifier anything over 70 in the winter is tropical.

6 hours ago, swamprat said:

I don't even keep my server room at work at 68. I keep it at 70 with 47% humidity. When I have to stay in the computer room for an extended period of time, I have to wear a jacket. 

Yeah but those Florida A/C units are a different breed. Just like in Vegas. 

2 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

68 all year round is the only answer. When I’m at home I want to be able to wear a hoodie and sweatpants no matter what the temp is outside. 

It really depends on time of year. I'm wearing shorts in my house at 68 in the winter, because my humidifier makes it feel a few degrees warmer.  We turn the heat down to 62 at night in the winter, otherwise we wouldn't even need blankets. 68 in the summer, my house feels like a walk in freezer. 70 is even too cold.   

3 hours ago, GrantNKY said:

68 all year round is the only answer. When I’m at home I want to be able to wear a hoodie and sweatpants no matter what the temp is outside. 

Where as I like walking around in my underwear. I don't want to dress unless I have to. 

• Haha 1