Does CovCath baskeball have a new center?

44 minutes ago, The Oracle said:

I believe there's a 6'7" Tiger roaming the halls a little further down Dixie Highway in Park Hills this week. Can anyone confirm?

As I understand it, there have been numerous transfers - both student athletes and students who aren't playing any sports - who have ended up switching to Cov Cath because of the choice by NKY public schools' to continue with non-traditional instruction.

I'll have to check into the basketball player.

24 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

As I understand it, there have been numerous transfers - both student athletes and students who aren't playing any sports - who have ended up switching to Cov Cath because of the choice by NKY public schools' to continue with non-traditional instruction.

It is nice to have a choice. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

It is nice to have a choice. 

Totally agree. With the medical community showing more and more that they really see legitimacy to both sides of the "to open schools or not to open schools" debate, and the complications to work that non-traditional instruction can cause for working parents, I have to wonder how many people decide that the cost of private school tuition is worth the ability to have their kids at school during the day.

That's discussion is probably best left to another thread, though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Mitchell Rylee. Class of '22. One of BW's top 3 scorers last season and already holds an offer from Air Force Academy.

4 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Tons of potential. Possible all state level player. Probably can come up with a good excuse to get eligible this year. Interesting to see one leave Beechwood for CCH. The trend in recent years has been players leaving CCH for Beechwood.

I don't know about the timing but CCH offering in-person instruction seems like an excellent reason to me.