Manual - 2020 Schedule

Senior wide receiver/defensive back Eli Blkey committed to Arkansas State last week. He had offers from:

Air Force
Arkansas State University
Army
Ball State University
Bowling Green State University
Central Michigan University
Columbia University
Cornell University
Eastern Kentucky University
Eastern Michigan University
Fordham University
Harvard University
Indiana University
Indiana State University
Kent State University
Miami University
Missouri State University
Navy
Southeastern Missouri State University
Southern Illinois University
University of Ohio
University of Pennsylvania
University of Tennessee Martin
University of Toledo
Wake Forest University
Western Michigan University
Yale University

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, CardinalsFan said:

Is this year's Manual team expected to be any good?  I shudder to think what LaSalle is going to do to them in Louisville...ugh....

-CardinalsFan

They'll be pretty decent this year.  Their 2 best players are back from last year.  I would say they'll make a pretty decent case for the 2nd best team in Louisville, behind Trinity.  I honestly think St. X & Manual are 2-3 or 3-2; either order.  I think Manual will probably be the favorite over Male this year also.  Just my opinion.

5 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

They'll be pretty decent this year.  Their 2 best players are back from last year.  I would say they'll make a pretty decent case for the 2nd best team in Louisville, behind Trinity.  I honestly think St. X & Manual are 2-3 or 3-2; either order.  I think Manual will probably be the favorite over Male this year also.  Just my opinion.

Well that's good to hear.  Never know with a Manual squad what they are going to be.  Just don't follow them enough.  As good as LaSalle was last year, they will be better this year.

GO CRIMSONS!!!

-CardinalsFan

Manual had a great year in 2019. They finally knocked off St. X, and lost to Male by 1 pt. A game they really could've won. It was their first district championship in a very long time. Depending on who's coming back, they could be better.

1 hour ago, NLTanker1 said:

Manual had a great year in 2019. They finally knocked off St. X, and lost to Male by 1 pt. A game they really could've won. It was their first district championship in a very long time. Depending on who's coming back, they could be better.

They return a lot of starters but don’t return QB so will have to see at that position. They also have players that go both ways which makes it little tougher against St.X and Male. I expect them to be better than last year.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tigerpride94 said:

They return a lot of starters but don’t return QB so will have to see at that position. They also have players that go both ways which makes it little tougher against St.X and Male. I expect them to be better than last year.

Manuals' defense will be really good again this year. Their defensive backfield will be tops in the Louisville area with Bryce Yates, Blakey and D. Brown. All 3 will play college ball. Running game is strong and deep as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvoidLloyd said:

They have Northington, Townsend and another kid that I can't think of his name who are all studs.

QB is the question. I think Darian Wilson will probably end up being the starter. In that offense they don't throw the ball much anyway.

Sr. Eli Blakey WR/DB is Arkansas St commit.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2020 at 2:12 AM, CardinalsFan said:

Is this year's Manual team expected to be any good?  I shudder to think what LaSalle is going to do to them in Louisville...ugh....

-CardinalsFan

This year and next year is supposed to be the top Manual teams in some time. I'm not sure if their QB is returning or not this season, but that position (like everyone else) will determine how dangerous they will be. They seem to be a very run oriented team because they have a stud in the backfield, Northington Jr. Should for formidable opponent for LaSalle. 

1 hour ago, LongTimeReader said:

This year and next year is supposed to be the top Manual teams in some time. I'm not sure if their QB is returning or not this season, but that position (like everyone else) will determine how dangerous they will be. They seem to be a very run oriented team because they have a stud in the backfield, Northington Jr. Should for formidable opponent for LaSalle. 

QB Zach Recktenwald graduated. Being running team will mitigate that some. Tough break for Manual is having one of best teams when Trinity has one of their best teams.