Gold Sunrise: "My Last Post"

Colonels_Wear_Blue

As those of you who are familiar with the "BGP Thread That Never Was" already know, there were unfortunately some small glitches that occurred as a result of the changeover from the old BGP software format to the current BGP software, and there is a period where the posts made on BGP were not able to be directly copied over to the new site platform. Among the content that was not able to be directly copied was a thread started by longtime BluegrassPreps member, friend, former staffer, and "BGP Ambassador" gold sunrise.

Goldie has been a member here on BGP since 2002, and sadly, she was diagnosed with ALS in 2019, as she informed us all in this thread: I have ALS.

In mid-June, Goldie started a thread titled "My Last Post," and it's that thread that was unable to be copied over. We were able to save the content/posts from that thread, though, and we wanted to make an effort to re-post all of those here in order for gold sunrise to be able to still read them.

Untitled2.jpg.9b43c44fdc1e7d67b57f493085aa9af7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

From @gold sunrise:

It breaks my heart to post this, but this will be my last post on BGP. My ALS is moving very rapidly making posting very difficult. Gee I wanted to thank everyone and for being a part of such a great community for over ten years along with being a moderator. I have met many people from the site that I consider family. Basketball has always been my passion and I will continue to read and keep up with all the teams and players. I'm sure Randy Parker and mcpapa will keep us all posted on my GRC Cards. I love my BGP family.

Prayers and Angels are with you all.

Goldie