Keurig question

Jumper_Dad

I used to drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee at work every day. Since retirement I usually only drink coffee if we go out for breakfast, so about 5 or 6 cups a year.

Daughter is home from college and so is her Keurig. I bought some pods at Walmart, just to try it out. In short I love it, quick cup of fresh coffee whenever I want without wasting or waiting on an entire pot to brew.

So my question is this, does anyone on here using a Keurig use reusable pods that they fill themselves? If so, is regular coffee like Folgers OK, or does it need to be a special grind?

I know I can google this, but wondering about some real life experience from others on BGP.

I used to drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee at work every day. Since retirement I usually only drink coffee if we go out for breakfast, so about 5 or 6 cups a year.

Daughter is home from college and so is her Keurig. I bought some pods at Walmart, just to try it out. In short I love it, quick cup of fresh coffee whenever I want without wasting or waiting on an entire pot to brew.

So my question is this, does anyone on here using a Keurig use reusable pods that they fill themselves? If so, is regular coffee like Folgers OK, or does it need to be a special grind?

I know I can google this, but wondering about some real life experience from others on BGP.

https://coffeedorks.com/using-regular-coffee-in-your-keurig/

My wife and I have tried it this way and it's fine. I'm sure different grinds will give different strengths so just experiment. We just use whatever the supermarket grind is that's for purchase.

https://coffeedorks.com/using-regular-coffee-in-your-keurig/

My wife and I have tried it this way and it's fine. I'm sure different grinds will give different strengths so just experiment. We just use whatever the supermarket grind is that's for purchase.

Good...I was hoping that just regular coffee worked as well as the prepacked pods.

In my experience any regular coffee grind works. I love my Keurig as well, but personally it doesn’t quite give the same gratification that a freshly brewed pot of coffee provides.

Yeah, that smell of brewing a pot is intoxicating. I'd never drink a pot and all but 1 maybe 2 cups would be wasted.

In my experience any regular coffee grind works. I love my Keurig as well, but personally it doesn’t quite give the same gratification that a freshly brewed pot of coffee provides.

Loved my grandmother's stove top percolated coffee.

How one likes their coffee is as subjective as anything else. So here's my two cents.

We got our first Keurig 10 years ago. I've tried several grinds, dark roast, medium roast, and regular. I've used the filters and many different brands of K-Cups over the years. I prefer the prepackaged pods over preground coffee using the reusable filter. It just tastes better to me. When I do make a pot of coffee I don't like preground coffee, either. To me, it tastes better when I buy the beans and grind my own. When using the filters, it's not a one for one shot with a pot of coffee. You waste a lot of ground coffee using the filters.

The Wellsley Farms Breakfast Blend I get at BJs Warehouse is very good, and it runs around $28 for a 100 pods. That's $0.28 a cup, tastes better than the Kirkland brand at Costco, and well worth it for me.

At home, for years, I've been using a Hamilton Beach coffee maker and purchasing disposable Senseo coffee pods. I tried Keurig at work and have not been impressed - probably the type of coffee they purchase for us.

Loved my grandmother's stove top percolated coffee.

One of my favorite childhood memories (although hers was electric). As kids we set up moms coffee for the next day after cleaning up after supper. Not a big fan of coffee, but love the smell, plus the sound the percolator makes is in my memory forever.

That being said, I do have a Kureg for the one or two cups I have a week (usually when I didn’t sleep the night before). I like it, but have never tried the reusable cups.

Not a K-cup person.

1- I like my coffee pretty strong. I have to run 3 K-cups through at the smallest size to get one cup of coffee.

2 - I drink a lot of coffee. I have a 4 cup maker (2 big mugs) if it's just me, and a 12 cup maker if it's both of us.

3 - I'm cheap. A can of Folgers Gourmet Supreme on Amazon is $5.99. It makes 210 cups which is 2.8 cents per cup. I can make 52, four cup pots for 11 cents each. You really have to throw a lot of coffee away.

4 - I don't really see K-cups as being any more convenient. I set my pot up the night before, and it's ready when I get up.

Not a K-cup person.

1- I like my coffee pretty strong. I have to run 3 K-cups through at the smallest size to get one cup of coffee.

2 - I drink a lot of coffee. I have a 4 cup maker (2 big mugs) if it's just me, and a 12 cup maker if it's both of us.

3 - I'm cheap. A can of Folgers Gourmet Supreme on Amazon is $5.99. It makes 210 cups which is 2.8 cents per cup. I can make 52, four cup pots for 11 cents each. You really have to throw a lot of coffee away.

4 - I don't really see K-cups as being any more convenient. I set my pot up the night before, and it's ready when I get up.

If I drank a lot of coffee, I'd do they same.