Keurig question

Jumper_Dad

If I drank a lot of coffee, I'd do they same.

Same here. No more than 3 cups a day for me. Only time I make a pot is if other people are drinking.

The standard cup in a pot is only 6 oz. So a 4 cup pot is really just two 12 oz mugs of coffee.

One $6 can of coffee makes 52 4-cup pots. At 11-12 cents a pot, you can control just how strong you like it, drink half, and throw half away for 1/3 the cost of most pods.

The standard cup in a pot is only 6 oz. So a 4 cup pot is really just two 12 oz mugs of coffee.

One $6 can of coffee makes 52 4-cup pots. At 11-12 cents a pot, you can control just how strong you like it, drink half, and throw half away for 1/3 the cost of most pods.

I drink a couple of cups a week, and only when it’s cool outside, so roughly Oct-April. The Keurig was a perfect solution to my coffee habits, as i wouldn’t drink enough to go through a can of coffee. A few dozen pods lasts me all year with no waste.

We have had a Keurig, and we have a pseudo-Keurig at present. We keep some pods on hand but usually use regular (dark roast) coffee in the reusable basket.

On a side note, I use a Ninja one cup at a time for the past several years. I saw the commercial on TV a few years ago with Sofia Vergara and casually remarked I'd like to have that....I got a coffee maker :-).

Keurig's weren't designed for the person that drinks a ton of coffee. They are a quick, convenient, single-use application and they are very good at what they do.

For sure. I had stopped drinking coffee completely, because making a pot that I'd end up throwing most of away was a hassle. As was storing coffee, filters, etc.

K-cups give you variety though. I can drink three different kinds of coffee rather than the same kind each time.

I still make a pot sometimes, but only if other people drink.

K-cups give you variety though. I can drink three different kinds of coffee rather than the same kind each time.

I still make a pot sometimes, but only if other people drink.

They can be a nice change of pace for hardcore, heavy coffee drinkers. Although almost every big coffee drinker I know, thinks Keurig coffee is too weak.

They can be a nice change of pace for hardcore, heavy coffee drinkers. Although almost every big coffee drinker I know, thinks Keurig coffee is too weak.

For me it just doesn't taste the same as pot coffee.

I think pot coffee is preferable, but the K-cups are just fine for me.

I think pot coffee is preferable, but the K-cups are just fine for me.

I don’t drink enough coffee to be a critic. Keurig is quick and easy, and I probably wouldn’t drink coffee if I had to brew the traditional way.