Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doug Beaumont Mr.Football

Featured Replies

WHAS 11 Sports just reported that Doug Beaumont was named Kentucky's Mr. Football. It was mentioned that he beat out Kaelin Ammons and Nick Petrino. No mention of Vic Anderson although I'm sure he had to finish close in the voting. Congrats to Doug for a well deserved honor.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Mr. Beaumont. I had the privelage to watch him play against Highlands in the pre-season and all I could say was 'Wow'. The kid deserved it and hope he continues to succeed in football next year with the Cards.

This is outstanding. Congrats to Douglas and his parents. He is very deserving of this award and IMO it would have been a huge injustice if he didn't receive it. Doug Sr. is a long-time friend and former teammate of mine-I am sure he is one proud father, as he should be. And to think the best may be yet to come as he suits up in Red & Black next year.:thumb:

Congratulations to Doug Beaumont on a job well done!!

Congrats to Doud and the rest of the Male team and staff. No one ever wins an award like this alone. Best luck in the future.

Congrats to Doug on winning Mr. Football. He was well deserved for this honor and it will be great to see him in a Cardinal jersey the next four years.

Class and skill... good combination. Can't wait to see him in red and black!

Will NEVER try to insinuate that I have seen all candidates for this year's award BUT I cannot see the choice being disputed by very many. The things that Beaumont can do for a team are countless. He will play at the next level SOON! And most likely the level beyond that. Not too many high school athletes that you see (while still IN high school) you can say that about with a lot of confidence.

Great job Doug....you are first class...so is your game...and now you are written in as one of the best ever.

Congrats to Doug!

 

Good luck as a Cardinal.

 

I am surprised by how close the voting was, only three votes between first and second. I just assumed Doug would win but again glad he did.

 

Also, a bit surprised no votes for Victor Anderson. I would have thought he would have been right there in the mix.

 

Also, a bit surprised no votes for Victor Anderson. I would have thought he would have been right there in the mix.

 

I am surprised as well. Every mention of Vic's name in the media all season was prefaced with "Mr. Football frontrunner" or "Mr. Football canidate". He and Doug shared the cover of the CJ high school football preview focusing the Mr. Football race on the two. Now to see that he didn't get a single vote, surprising.

 

I was glad to see that Nick Petrino got some votes. He had another great season and I'm happy to see he was recognized.

Congratulations to Douglas Beaumont. He will undoubtedly go down as one of the best players to ever wear the purple and gold. And that is lofty praise. Thanks for your four years of hard work and giving 100% on every play.

 

Looking forward to seeing you suit up as a Cardinal!

As fas as Vic is concerned he kind of laid an egg in their biggest games this year...while Doug shined...I think only one kid from that district was going to get the votes....

 

Again, congrats to all the finalists.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.