Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doug Beaumont Mr.Football

Featured Replies

Congrats to Doud and the rest of the Male team and staff. No one ever wins an award like this alone. Best luck in the future.

Very well put!:thumb: Congrats, he deserved it!

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Doud and the rest of the Male team and staff. No one ever wins an award like this alone. Best luck in the future.

Doug.

Congrats to Doug. A very deserving young man of this award. Watching him during a scrimmage at Highlands I was in total awe of the young man. Congrats and all the best for his future.:thumb:

Congrats to Doug, hw was the best fball player I saw by far

5 of the voters didn't vote, I would be curious to know who they were what areas they came from. Congrats to Doug, I wish Ammons would have won, but Doug also deserves it. Ammons, gets 2nd in Mr. Football but Petrino, gets 1st team all-state???

Congrats-A job well done.

Conrats to Doug.

 

No Kasey Clark even on the list????????????????????

He should have gotten some votes.

5 of the voters didn't vote, I would be curious to know who they were what areas they came from. Congrats to Doug, I wish Ammons would have won, but Doug also deserves it. Ammons, gets 2nd in Mr. Football but Petrino, gets 1st team all-state???

Here we go again. Your boy gets one vote more than the two time MVP of the state finals and you cry foul about the all-state voting. I guess if that is hard to believe try understanding how Petrino didn't make all-district.:eek:

5 of the voters didn't vote, I would be curious to know who they were what areas they came from. Congrats to Doug, I wish Ammons would have won, but Doug also deserves it. Ammons, gets 2nd in Mr. Football but Petrino, gets 1st team all-state???

 

Don't ever try to find logic in some of the all star votes. It does make for good debate though.

Congrats to Doug. I can now say I coached a Mr. Football, even though he was only 9 years old.

Here we go again. Your boy gets one vote more than the two time MVP of the state finals and you cry foul about the all-state voting. I guess if that is hard to believe try understanding how Petrino didn't make all-district.:eek:

 

 

Ammons Numbers are better than Petrino's the last two years, and he played only 12 games. Not 15 and was a long way away from playing on a finals team. Isn't this a forum, don't people discuss such things on here?

Don't ever try to find logic in some of the all star votes. It does make for good debate though.

 

I agree, it's fun to debate how others see this thing. I think Ammons wound up 2nd because he does both run and pass- he did run for more yardage than Beaumont and passed for more than Petrino, but isn't actually considered a pure QB or RB, so I can see how things could work out. And that can also make some sense when looking at the all-state balloting.

I only saw Beaumont play once, but he was so far and away better than Anderson (and, IMO, Petrino), that he should have been darn close to a unanimous choice. I confess I don't know anything about Ammons, but the question in my mind is whether or not he could have put up his numbers facing X twice and T and Manual and PRP...I guess we'll never know. (Also, was Ammons a force on defense &/or special teams?)

And as for some closing thoughts on Petrino: He deserves every award that comes his way. If he had a different last name the entire state would be rallying around him saying what a great, gutsy player he is. The Trinity system seems to be pretty difficult to master. I don't think the coaches sprinkle magic dust to make their QBs great. Petrino can flat out play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.