Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Maddie Scherr - 2019/2020 Kentucky Gatorade Player of the Year

Featured Replies

Congrats to Ryle’s Maddie Scherr on this prestigious award. I believe it’s her 2nd year in a row to receive this. Awesome young lady!

 

348118D8-D2C8-428C-89CB-24714735D173.jpeg

So deserving, special player, nice young lady, great player and person for young female players to admire and look up to.

Scherr is one of the best ever to play the game from this state. Ever.

It’s overused but so true of Maddie. An even better person than player. It has gone by too fast. Ryle is blessed to have enjoyed her years of excellent leadership. Congrats to a unique young lady!!

Have never seen Scherr play but from everything I've heard she is one of the best players produced from this state in the last several years. But when I look at her stats I don't come away impressed. What am I missing?

Have never seen Scherr play but from everything I've heard she is one of the best players produced from this state in the last several years. But when I look at her stats I don't come away impressed. What am I missing?

 

A great team and a team player.

I have only watched her play once and even though her scoring stats were unimpressive that game, I don't know that I saw her make a mistake all night. Was double teamed and got the ball to the open person every time. If she was selfish she could probably put up 30+ a night. Instead she gets everyone involved.

Have never seen Scherr play but from everything I've heard she is one of the best players produced from this state in the last several years. But when I look at her stats I don't come away impressed. What am I missing?

 

Everything. Honestly. She is a Top 25 player in the country for a reason. High IQ, highly skilled, versatile, unselfish, great vision, tough, literally, a complete player and deserved McDonald's All American.

What is her status for the rest of the tournament?

I live in southeast Kentucky and have never seen her play in a game but recently I saw some highlight videos of her and am extremely impressed with this young lady to say the least. My goodness she is a star!!! As athletic and talented as I’ve seen in high school in a long time.

 

Being a big UK fan I sure wish the Cats could have convinced her to signed with them. I saw where she is going to Oregon. That school has loaded up for next year—-five McDonald’s All Americans, of which is also another honor Scherr has picked up.

Congrats to Maddie. Well deserved. Like all exceptional players, the stat book will never reflect how much better she made her teammates and how she took control when needed. Her unselfish play, athleticism and overall character will be missed but her effect on the younger players will continue for the next several years. It will be fun to watch Maddie with her classmates at Oregon.

Everything. Honestly. She is a Top 25 player in the country for a reason. High IQ, highly skilled, versatile, unselfish, great vision, tough, literally, a complete player and deserved McDonald's All American.

 

Certain she has these qualities...but aren't they subjective? Sure you could list several others who possess them to a similar degree. Obviously the schools who recruited her consider her elite so I'm sure she is. They know more than I do. My only point is statistics usually are a pretty good indicator and they didn't match up for me in comparison to all the accolades she has received.

 

High School Scoreboards | Kentucky.com &

Her stats may have been a bit off this year because she played limited minutes with an ankle injury in the beginning of the year. She had younger players this year that she worked with and made a big part of the team..giving them confidence by getting them shots, unselfishly passing on her scoring opportunities. Maddie can dominate a game without shooting but when game is on the line she will take over. I hope we do get a few more games to witness her brilliance at Rupp..if not I will be a Lady Ducks fan next 4 years. Thanks for the show Maddie!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.