Astros Manager and GM Suspended for 2020 Season

TheDeuce

No mention of vacating anything that I have seen. Redsox are next up for this same punishment.

If the Reds did the exact same thing and got to keep the title, I think it might be worth it haha!

Thanks JD and that is my thinking MJ, if you get to keep the title why not cheat...

May I be the first to ask the question, "How this any different (worse or not as worse) than Pete Rose betting on baseball?"

Worse. The Astros actually cheated in games. Pete did not.

The Astros cheated in a game after MLB had told teams do not use technology to steal signs. When the Red Sox got caught a few years ago, MLB said if anyone does this again the penalty will be very stiff.

Worse. The Astros actually cheated in games. Pete did not.

The Astros cheated in a game after MLB had told teams do not use technology to steal signs. When the Red Sox got caught a few years ago, MLB said if anyone does this again the penalty will be very stiff.

Eh... I'm not so quick to say what the Astros did was necessarily any worse. Rose bet on games he played and managed in. While not cheating per se, he could have directly impacted those games in a way he would personally benefit. It goes directly at the integrity of the game.

Eh... I'm not so quick to say what the Astros did was necessarily any worse. Rose bet on games he played and managed in. While not cheating per se, he could have directly impacted those games in a way he would personally benefit. It goes directly at the integrity of the game.

I was waiting for that exact response. Here's a thought...not saying it happened in the Astros case. What if someone involved in the Astros cheating effort notified the betting industry that they had a way to directly impact the game through technology and to bet accordingly! Isn't that the same thing?

And here's what people are quick to dismiss/forget. What about the games that Rose did NOT bet on? A message to the oddsmakers?