Astros Manager and GM Suspended for 2020 Season

TheDeuce

I found it odd LeBron decided to weigh in on the Astros cheating scandal, saying how miffed he would be if this happened to him. Like him or not, his voice does carry a lot of weight. Wish he would have had the same passion with the whole NBA/China controversy, but we all know why he stayed relatively silent on that ($$$).

Vacate the title or impose a 1-2 year postseason ban. That’s the beginning of getting serious with punishment. Manfred has already botched it though.

Vacating the title is the only way to hurt just the players who were on that team. With free agency, trades and minor league promotions, you'd be potentially punishing guys on the team now, who may not have been a part of it 3 years ago.

But I am very much in favor of vacating the title. Let each player have that black mark forever attached to their name.

Everyone was using steroids. Hitters, pitchers, catchers, everyone. That's the difference, IMO.

What's the bigger advantage: Being excessively strong, or knowing what pitch was coming as a professional hitter? That answer is pretty easy, again IMO.

You helped make my point. "Everyone was using steroids." MUCH bigger impact on baseball.

Yep, MLB players, spare me the indignation. The players complaining are mad because they weren't in on the cheating, like they were/are with steroids.

I found it odd LeBron decided to weigh in on the Astros cheating scandal, saying how miffed he would be if this happened to him. Like him or not, his voice does carry a lot of weight. Wish he would have had the same passion with the whole NBA/China controversy, but we all know why he stayed relatively silent on that ($$$).

Not me, it was another chance for Lebron to put himself in the spotlight for an evening.

You helped make my point. "Everyone was using steroids." MUCH bigger impact on baseball.

Yep, MLB players, spare me the indignation. The players complaining are mad because they weren't in on the cheating, like they were/are with steroids.

Unless you can directly point to a championship won because of steroids, I don't agree that it was a much bigger impact.

Unless you can directly point to a championship won because of steroids, I don't agree that it was a much bigger impact.

I want to hear more details about the Astros cheating. How often did they do it? Every game? Every at bat? Just select at bats in certain games? Were there games they did not use the scheme at all? How much in the playoffs and World Series?

By all accounts I've heard the Astros did not use the scheme at all in 2019 and went to the World Series. How much did the cheating help them in 2017?

True, good one. However they were within an eyelash of winning last year with no cheating. The point being they have the talent to win without cheating. Which makes me wonder if they needed to cheat at all.

With all the speculation of buzzers and the lame unfinished tattoo excuse, I don’t think anyone can safely say they didn’t cheat in 2019.

With all the speculation of buzzers and the lame unfinished tattoo excuse, I don’t think anyone can safely say they didn’t cheat in 2019.

Exactly, why quit if you won and didn't get caught? I think the only difference is they went from banging trashcans in 2017 to some other method in 2019.

This. How do we know they didn't cheat in 2019?

That's where I'm at. The only ones to claim they weren't cheating in 2019 are the Astros (who lied about it initially) and the MLB (who knew about it dating back to 2017 and tried sweeping it under the rug until it was exposed to the media).

I buy nothing either of them say.