Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: Apollo

Featured Replies

News breaking out of Owensboro that Coach Hawkins has resigned at Apollo.

I saw that. Resigning to relocate to central Kentucky closer to his family, according to the letter he submitted to the BOE.

 

So what does that mean? Bryan Station? West Jessmine? Nelson County? Boyle County?

 

71BF95B8-D9DE-41F2-969A-677E84352F97.jpeg

I saw that. Resigning to relocate to central Kentucky closer to his family, according to the letter he submitted to the BOE.

 

So what does that mean? Bryan Station? West Jessmine? Nelson County? Boyle County?

 

Coach Hawk is a Franklin County grad. I don't know whether he has private family issues pushing the move or if he has been looking for something closer to "home" for a while, but I strongly suspect he's not finished coaching. Seems like West Jessamine and Bryan Station are the most likely of those open programs.

Coach Hawk is a Franklin County grad. I don't know whether he has private family issues pushing the move or if he has been looking for something closer to "home" for a while, but I strongly suspect he's not finished coaching. Seems like West Jessamine and Bryan Station are the most likely of those open programs.

 

I can assure you I am not finished coaching. However I have not looked into any options that direction. Hopefully I will find something that will allow me help grow a program.

I can assure you I am not finished coaching. However I have not looked into any options that direction. Hopefully I will find something that will allow me help grow a program.

 

You're a good man, Coach. Good luck to you!

I can assure you I am not finished coaching. However I have not looked into any options that direction. Hopefully I will find something that will allow me help grow a program.

 

I'm sure this was a tough but well thought about decision. Best wishes in your future endeavors, coach.

Coach Hawk is a terrific Coach I got to meet while he was back at Doss. He does things the right way and only wish him the best going forward.

Any names with this job yet?

Word on the street is it’s John Edge more than likely! Big pickup by Apollo especially if he can bring the Kolbe Kemper kid along with him.

I'm hearing the same thing. How has Edge been doing with the program at South Spencer over in Indiana?

 

2018 2-8

2019 1-9

 

Includes first round playoff losses in both seasons.

The talent pool at Apollo would be imo deeper than any talent pool he ever had at catholic! He would have Logan Weedman Parker Bates John Lynn Harold Hogg and Damien Lyvinsky all returning!

I would think that Edge would be the favorite to land the Apollo job but nothing is set in stone at this time. They haven't even started interviewing candidates yet. That said, he is the right man for the job. I know he has plenty of parents and Apollo people pulling for him. I wouldn't read to much into that South Spencer record. With the competition level South Spencer has had to play against and the lack of athletes in that program, Bill Belichick would have a hard time winning 2 games. Edge would bring a ton of excitement to that new stadium on Southtown Blvd.

Count me in for the first game between Apollo and OCATH!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.