Open Job: Apollo

zoneblitz2

I saw that. Resigning to relocate to central Kentucky closer to his family, according to the letter he submitted to the BOE.

So what does that mean? Bryan Station? West Jessmine? Nelson County? Boyle County?

Coach Hawk is a Franklin County grad. I don't know whether he has private family issues pushing the move or if he has been looking for something closer to "home" for a while, but I strongly suspect he's not finished coaching. Seems like West Jessamine and Bryan Station are the most likely of those open programs.

Coach Hawk is a Franklin County grad. I don't know whether he has private family issues pushing the move or if he has been looking for something closer to "home" for a while, but I strongly suspect he's not finished coaching. Seems like West Jessamine and Bryan Station are the most likely of those open programs.

I can assure you I am not finished coaching. However I have not looked into any options that direction. Hopefully I will find something that will allow me help grow a program.

I can assure you I am not finished coaching. However I have not looked into any options that direction. Hopefully I will find something that will allow me help grow a program.

I'm sure this was a tough but well thought about decision. Best wishes in your future endeavors, coach.

• 4 weeks later...

I would think that Edge would be the favorite to land the Apollo job but nothing is set in stone at this time. They haven't even started interviewing candidates yet. That said, he is the right man for the job. I know he has plenty of parents and Apollo people pulling for him. I wouldn't read to much into that South Spencer record. With the competition level South Spencer has had to play against and the lack of athletes in that program, Bill Belichick would have a hard time winning 2 games. Edge would bring a ton of excitement to that new stadium on Southtown Blvd.