For those who think Michigan should be in the title game...

mobaar

Game 12 was added so a bunch of teams could end up 6-6 (who'da thunk it would be the likes of Miami U) and qualify for the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Nope. It was added so mid level and bottom feeder BCS programs got another home pay day...

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

They beat Florida State and Arkansas after UM lost to OSU. So now they are in because the SEC has more teams? I need the boots. It's getting deep in here...

Not at all what I am saying. They added two wins after Michigan ended their season. They kept on winning and making them look more and more of a good choice where the last taste in the voter's mouth about Michigan was them losing a game they were in only because of Ohio State mistakes.

The BCS is in place to place the #1 ranked team against the #2 rated team. It does not say that it has to be the 2 best teams. We all know that although some teams are rated number 1 or number 2 that they may not actually be the first or second best team out there, and like it or not thats the way the polls go. So in this case, the BCS did what it was put in place to do.

Um. NO. It was designed to put the two best teams in the title game. If they want to add stipulations, put them in the rules. Plain and simple...

Um. NO. It was designed to put the two best teams in the title game. If they want to add stipulations, put them in the rules. Plain and simple...

Its designed to place number 1 vs number 2 against each other. Sounds like you should be gripping to the people who voted Florida number 2.

Not at all what I am saying. They added two wins after Michigan ended their season. They kept on winning and making them look more and more of a good choice where the last taste in the voter's mouth about Michigan was them losing a game they were in only because of Ohio State mistakes.

What about the Florida State game made them look better than Michigan? It was so convincing the Coaches had them 40 points behind UM.The Big 11 is not allowed to have a title game, and they refuse to add a 12th team and divisions because of the actual honoring of tradition. They could pick any MAC school out of a hat that equals Vandy or UK if they wanted...

What about the Florida State game made them look better than Michigan? It was so convincing the Coaches had them 40 points behind UM.The Big 11 is not allowed to have a title game, and they refuse to add a 12th team and divisions because of the actual honoring of tradition. They could pick any MAC school out of a hat that equals Vandy or UK if they wanted...

During the season UM looked like the better team because they were winning by double digits, and UF was winning games by 7 points or less over better teams though. So UF during the year was not going to impress anyone with they way they were winning, and were not going to pass UM. However after they go out and win the SEC Championship. At the end of the season is when the voters really get to look hard at what you accomplished during the season, and even though what UF accomplished wasn't pretty most of the way, they still won their games against the toughest schedule in the nation. During the season the voters really dont compare the teams as much as they do after the whole season is over, because during the season they just go by style points and who looked the best winning their games. And winning 7 point games was not going to push UF over UM during any point of the season because those 7 point wins even though their against better teams is not going push you over a team who is winning by double digits even if its against a team not as good. So after the season when they are just not looking at really style points and how you won, but just if you won, you have to give it to UF when you compare the two teams. So that is why it wasn't till the end of the season when UF finally passed UF. Yes there probably was people who just voted that way so there wouldn't be a rematch, but most probably voted that way just because when you really look at it, UF deserves the chance to be the #2 team over UM...

Simply kept winning. If honoring tradition is so important they should be thrilled with playing a Pac10 school in the Rose Bowl.

That money goes to fund a great deal of collegiate athletic programs that are not self sufficient. It is a financial decision for schools as much as it is a football issue.

A playoff does not guarantee that the best team in the nation wins the National title. See Kansas with Danny Manning and Villanova over Gtown for examples of that.

To me, the BCS goes a lot farther in trying to get the best team of the whole season as the national champion.

Not self sufficient? You must be joking right? These aren't Thomas More College and Mt. St. Joe's. These programs rake in millions of dollars just for PLAYING in bowl games. Financial decision, hah! It's a financial decision all right, to make as much money as possible.

Not self sufficient? You must be joking right? These aren't Thomas More College and Mt. St. Joe's. These programs rake in millions of dollars just for PLAYING in bowl games. Financial decision, hah! It's a financial decision all right, to make as much money as possible.

Do you think the rowing team at Michigan is self-sufficient? You missed my point, these football teams' revenue helps support the sports at their schools that are not self-sufficient, like say, womens' golf.

So the SEC side is that the Arkansas game was worth a 66 point swing from last week in the Coaches poll? Wouldn't the Florida "body of work" be better at this same point last week? I just can't grasp the fraud that was this Coaches poll...

Had Arkansas beaten LSU the week before then I could see the Florida/Arkansas game causing a 66 point swing. But gaining that many points while giving the Razorbacks their 3rd loss doesn't seem justified. We all complained a few years ago when we felt the computers didn't watch the games so how could they pick a title game. So they altered the system making the human polls worth more. But I wonder who would be in the title game if we had the same system that got it wrong 2 years ago.

Do you think the rowing team at Michigan is self-sufficient? You missed my point, these football teams' revenue helps support the sports at their schools that are not self-sufficient, like say, womens' golf.

I've got news for you. NO sports teams hurt for money at this institutions. Have you seen the facilities they construct? They're better than professional teams. So what your saying is that conferences like the Big 10 and Pac 10, who do not have title games, have a tough time supporting their secondary sports teams? C'mon seriously. Pretty sure the Pac 10 does well in gymnastics. And I'm real sure that the Big 10 is very good in hockey. Your talking about the difference between 100 million and 120 million, what's another million at that point?