For those who think Michigan should be in the title game...

mobaar

Have a playoff and that goes away. You already gave those schools a boatload of cash with an extra home game. All I want is the system decided by the rules in place. What we saw last night was a sham. Those outside the Big 11 were going to make sure they didn't cash a double check. Plain and simple...

I can understand why you would feel that way but I disagree. My view is that Florida is the most deserving team to play in the national championship game. They lost one game at their opponent's field in what is the toughest conference in the country. The SEC champ comes out with one decent loss and they deserve consideration.

Since Michigan got their chance, Florida should get it now. I do find it interesting that the coaches also agree that Florida is the most deserving.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can understand why you would feel that way but I disagree. My view is that Florida is the most deserving team to play in the national championship game. They lost one game at their opponent's field in what is the toughest conference in the country. The SEC champ comes out with one decent loss and they deserve consideration.

Since Michigan got their chance, Florida should get it now. I do find it interesting that the coaches also agree that Florida is the most deserving.

If that's the case, they would have been closer to UM in the vote last week. 33 coaches changed their vote on a sloppy game? It goes back to my only beef with this load of crap I was sold last night. If USC wins UM would have been voted #3 and Florida #4. USC lost, so Florida jumps them by default. There in NO way beating Arkansas made Florida all of the sudden better than UM. Like I have said before. Put in a Conference Champ stipulation, and Michigan is out two weeks ago. I'm not a fan of changing the game on the fly...

If that's the case, they would have been closer to UM in the vote last week. 33 coaches changed their vote on a sloppy game? It goes back to my only beef with this load of crap I was sold last night. If USC wins UM would have been voted #3 and Florida #4. USC lost, so Florida jumps them by default. There in NO way beating Arkansas made Florida all of the sudden better than UM. Like I have said before. Put in a Conference Champ stipulation, and Michigan is out two weeks ago. I'm not a fan of changing the game on the fly...

That is speculation on our part. Might have ended up being true but no way to know.

Florida will quiet all of this talk though when they beat OSU.:p

So the SEC side is that the Arkansas game was worth a 66 point swing from last week in the Coaches poll? Wouldn't the Florida "body of work" be better at this same point last week? I just can't grasp the fraud that was this Coaches poll...

I don't know as I am not a huge follower of college football, but I would assume it had something to do with conference championship games and once again $$$$$$$$$$$$.

Those who delude themselves that thing collegiate bigtime sports decisions is not as much about the money as it is about on the field results, need to wake up. If the NCAA could make more money with a playoff, they would.

Would you agree that dropping the bowl system to a 8-team playoff would have a HUGE impact on the $$$$ the NCAA brings in? Would you agree that setting up 7 bowl games for a playoff and moving 3-4 New Year's Day bowl games 2 weeks earlier, would have a negative $$$$ impact on the sponsor's of those games? Would you agree that taking the other 24 bowl games and putting them outside of the playoff system would negatively affect the $$$ for that bowl game?

I look at this the same way as I look at the Sweet 16. It will not be changed to a classification because too much money is lost if they did.

Its quite simple IMO. You either drop one week to the regular season, or start it one week earlier. Then you have a 8 team playoff, and have the first round of the playoffs the first week after the regular season is over. Then you have that regular month off like we always do because of the academics part of it. Then you have 4 teams left and you have 2 of them play each other in one of the BCS bowls and 2 of them play each other in one of the other BCS bowls on the same days as you usually have those bowl games, and then the winners play the next week for the championship.

So this way you dont lose any of the bowl games, so the same teams across the nation still would be getting to play in bowls and not lose any money. While we this way will actually be having the championship decided on the field, instead of people and computers deciding on just who the 2 top teams are....

So the SEC side is that the Arkansas game was worth a 66 point swing from last week in the Coaches poll? Wouldn't the Florida "body of work" be better at this same point last week? I just can't grasp the fraud that was this Coaches poll...

Or maybe they woke up to the Koolaid that had been sold to them that a rematch was the way to go and instead they saw that the 1-loss, SEC champion deserved the chance more than Michigan deserved a 2nd chance.

Its quite simple IMO. You either drop one week to the regular season, or start it one week earlier. Then you have a 8 team playoff, and have the first round of the playoffs the first week after the regular season is over. Then you have 4 teams left and you have 2 of them play each other in one of the BCS bowls and 2 of them play each other in one of the other BCS bowls, and then the winners play the next week for the championship.

So this way you dont lose any of the bowl games, so the same teams still would be getting to play in bowls and not lose any money. While we this way will actually be having the championship decided on the field, instead of people and computers deciding on just who the 2 top teams are....

You want them to drop a game they just added for nothing more than more cash for the mid level BCS schools? :lol:

Or maybe they woke up to the Koolaid that had been sold to them that a rematch was the way to go and instead they saw that the 1-loss, SEC champion deserved the chance more than Michigan deserved a 2nd chance.

:lol: :lol:

They just woke up after 7 weeks of voting UM ahead of UF. Right...

:lol:

Stick to P&R. This is just silly...

:lol: :lol:

They just woke up after 7 weeks of voting UM ahead of UF. Right...

:lol:

Stick to P&R. This is just silly...

I think the difference is that Florida kept doing what they needed to do, WIN GAMES. While the Big Ten season was over. Didn't Florida add 3 more wins AFTER Michigan lost to Ohio State?

I think the difference is that Florida kept doing what they needed to do, WIN GAMES. While the Big Ten season was over. Didn't Florida add 3 more wins AFTER Michigan lost to Ohio State?

They beat Florida State and Arkansas after UM lost to OSU. So now they are in because the SEC has more teams? I need the boots. It's getting deep in here...

The BCS is in place to place the #1 ranked team against the #2 rated team. It does not say that it has to be the 2 best teams. We all know that although some teams are rated number 1 or number 2 that they may not actually be the first or second best team out there, and like it or not thats the way the polls go. So in this case, the BCS did what it was put in place to do.