Belfry 15 DeSales 14 (2OT)

16thBBall Fan

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hats off to Peyton Hensley who was facing an absolute wall and kept grinding. Even after a huge lost fumble.

Hensley

26 carries, 111 yards, 2 TD

It's great to see him put together such a productive, healthy senior season and meet the promise he displayed when I first noticed him a few years ago. Physically, I don't know if he's the prototype for a Belfry fullback, but he certainly has the grit and toughness to excel in that role.

Great Game by both teams... but just watched the replay on local news of Belfry 4th down TD in 2nd OT. He was clearly down prior to end zone and reached out with the ball after down on the ground. Hate to see a game end on a bad call like that.

Don’t be fooled by where he lands. The ruling was that he broke the plane on his initial surge and not after he got hit and fell backward short. It was close for sure though.

The WYMT angle shows a different story. Both are inconclusive, but the WYMT lends itself that he was over and knocked back.

Edited by ATLCat

Don’t be fooled by where he lands. The ruling was that he broke the plane on his initial surge and not after he got hit and fell backward short. It was close for sure though.

The WYMT angle shows a different story. Both are inconclusive, but the WYMT lends itself that he was over and knocked back.

Screen Shot 2019-11-30 at 10.01.51 AM.jpg

From the WYMT video. The apex of the push. The essence of Friday Night Lights here.

And a very tough, but apparently correct, call by the stripes. Give them credit here.

Any other comments from either side on the Officiating ?

I saw the original video posted that shows the Belfry back go down, then stretch his arms out. At first I was under the impression that it was a bad call, then I saw the full play on WYMT and a fan made video on Twitter and it’s fairly clear that the player crossed the goal line and the line judge was signaling TD before the defense knocked the player back to the half yard line. A lot of the blame on bad officiating is based on a selectively cropped video being shared. Officials miss calls in every game but the one most in question in this game was called correctly.