Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com 8th Region Boys Basketball Preview

Featured Replies

  • Author

I would love to hear from anyone who has been to a team's pre-season scrimmage(s).

 

What's SK looking like? Niece 100%?

 

Lawrenceburg - hearing that this group of Bearcats may be ready to contend again. True?

 

Versailles - Welcome to the 8th! Looking forward to getting to know the Jacket faithful. I hear the Yellowjackets will go 10 deep this year....thoughts from that county?

 

I could go on. How about some check-ins from the various corners of the region?

  • Replies 47
  • Views 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that Fern Creek and their strong group of juniors beat North Oldham 67-61 in a scrimmage. I think Spencer County scrimmaged Eastern but I did not see a final score or any highlights.

I would love to hear from anyone who has been to a team's pre-season scrimmage(s).

 

What's SK looking like? Niece 100%?

 

Lawrenceburg - hearing that this group of Bearcats may be ready to contend again. True?

 

Versailles - Welcome to the 8th! Looking forward to getting to know the Jacket faithful. I hear the Yellowjackets will go 10 deep this year....thoughts from that county?

 

I could go on. How about some check-ins from the various corners of the region?

 

I watched SK a short intrasquad scrimmage three weeks ago and they looked sharp. Logan Schwartz can play the game, they will have a strong nucleus once KN finds his way back in shape.

  • Author

Mark the date...

 

Saturday, January 25th, 2020 will be a great opportunity for 8th Region fans to see many of the top contenders all in one afternoon.

 

The 2020 Henry County Classic includes the following matchups involving 8th region pre-season favorites...

 

2 pm - South Oldham vs. Woodford County

4 pm - Spencer County vs. St. Xavier

6 pm - Collins vs. Simon Kenton

8 pm - North Oldham vs Henry County

 

The matchups include the two top-rated teams in the 29th (North and South Oldham), the three teams expected to battle tooth-and-nail for the two available spots in the 30th (Collins - the preseason region favorite - Woodford County, and Spencer County), one of the teams expected to be right there in the hunt for one of the top two spots in the 31st (Henry County), and the pre-season favorite in the 32nd (Simon Kenton).

 

Six of the seven 8th Region teams in the Henry County Classic could very well make the Regional Tournament.

 

That should be a dynamite afternoon and well worth the price of admission.

 

CM

Edited by ColonelMike

Random scrimmage scores from around the 8th region. Hard to tell a lot because coaches are trying different lineups.

 

Eastern by several over Spencer

Woodford by 3 over Seneca

Carroll by 7 over Shawnee

Great Crossing by several over Carroll

Henry by 7 over Woodford

Anderson by 8 over East Jessamine

Random scrimmage scores from around the 8th region. Hard to tell a lot because coaches are trying different lineups.

 

Eastern by several over Spencer

Woodford by 3 over Seneca

Carroll by 7 over Shawnee

Great Crossing by several over Carroll

Henry by 7 over Woodford

Anderson by 8 over East Jessamine

 

Yes, hard to take much away from the scrimmages as the coaches are trying different lineups and trying to develop bench players.

Yes, hard to take much away from the scrimmages as the coaches are trying different lineups and trying to develop bench players.

 

You just said the exact same thing as fastpitchfan. LOL

Random scrimmage scores from around the 8th region. Hard to tell a lot because coaches are trying different lineups.

 

Eastern by several over Spencer

Woodford by 3 over Seneca

Carroll by 7 over Shawnee

Great Crossing by several over Carroll

Henry by 7 over Woodford

Anderson by 8 over East Jessamine

 

SK by 30 over Cincinnati Country Day

I love this time of year. Scrimmage winners: “we’re almost where we want to be.” Scrimmage losers: “we’re seeing what combinations work and getting the younger guys some experience.”

I love this time of year. Scrimmage winners: “we’re almost where we want to be.” Scrimmage losers: “we’re seeing what combinations work and getting the younger guys some experience.”

 

And some are just excited for basketball season to be starting up.

And some are just excited for basketball season to be starting up.

 

I know I am!

You just said the exact same thing as fastpitchfan. LOL

 

Not exactly.

I love this time of year. Scrimmage winners: “we’re almost where we want to be.” Scrimmage losers: “we’re seeing what combinations work and getting the younger guys some experience.”

 

I would hope that most coaches are working on things and trying things they wouldn't normally do. Winning scrimmages means absolutely nothing.

Oldham County scrimmages at St. Xavier tomorrow (11/26) beginning at 6 pm.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.