What Has Happened to Rajon Rondo?

Rajon Rondo couldn't even start for Tubby Smith half the time last year so why would anybody expect him to do wonders for the Celtics this year. For my money I would take Patrick Sparks over Rondo on the college level because his basketball IQ was worth more than Rondo's athletic skills and horrible shot.

Rajon Rondo couldn't even start for Tubby Smith half the time last year so why would anybody expect him to do wonders for the Celtics this year. For my money I would take Patrick Sparks over Rondo on the college level because his basketball IQ was worth more than Rondo's athletic skills and horrible shot.

When did Tubby not start Rondo in any of his two years here?

If your basketball IQ includes being too slow to guard anyone, shoot first ask questions later, and dribble with your head down every time you get in trouble then so be it. Rondo couldn't shoot and dribbled around a lot due to Tubby ball (see Crawford and the last 5 Wildcat teams). Not being a good shooter isn't IQ and isn't relevant to IQ.

He received rave reviews from several scouts and coaches in the pre-season. You do have to take into account that his head coach is currently Doc Rivers, who makes Isiah Thomas look like Red Auerbach. He didn't really play himself out of the rotation.........Doc exercised his ummmmm judgement.
Would you blame the coach if your son or daughter was not good enough to get to play?

Maybe he's just not good enough right now?