Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

MLB Free Agency

Featured Replies

Stephen Strasburg has opted out and will test free agency.

 

$$$$$$$$$$$

Strasburg seems like a logical target for Cincinnati lol

$$$$$$$$$$$

 

I read where he is giving up $100 million over four years. He is 31 years old. Although I don't follow all the salary info from MLB, this seems to be a bit of a calculated risk IMO. What are they paying starters of his caliber and health nowadays?

I read where he is giving up $100 million over four years. He is 31 years old. Although I don't follow all the salary info from MLB, this seems to be a bit of a calculated risk IMO. What are they paying starters of his caliber and health nowadays?

 

He'll get a raise, probably close to $30,000,000 a year for 5 or 6 years.

He'll get a raise, probably close to $30,000,000 a year for 5 or 6 years.

 

That is a lot of zeros.

He'll get a raise, probably close to $30,000,000 a year for 5 or 6 years.

That is about $1 million per start or $10,000 per pitch.

He'll get a raise, probably close to $30,000,000 a year for 5 or 6 years.

 

Scherzer money.

Yasmani Grandal (Brewers) gets a 4 year deal worth $73 million from the White Sox. They say they're going to play him 3 or 4 days as catcher and then the rest of the week will be between DH and 1B. Probably the best way to keep his bat in the lineup for all 4 years.

Yasmani Grandal (Brewers) gets a 4 year deal worth $73 million from the White Sox. They say they're going to play him 3 or 4 days as catcher and then the rest of the week will be between DH and 1B. Probably the best way to keep his bat in the lineup for all 4 years.

 

The largest contract in ChiSox history seems rather small.

Zack Wheeler signs with the Phillies. Apparently a 5 year deal worth $100m+. According to reports, the Reds were actually on the short list to land him.

 

Also, Cole Hammels signs a 1 year deal with the Braves.

Zack Wheeler signs with the Phillies. Apparently a 5 year deal worth $100m+. According to reports, the Reds were actually on the short list to land him.

 

Also, Cole Hammels signs a 1 year deal with the Braves.

 

I think I saw that Wheeler deal was just shy of $120 million. Cincinnati might have been on the short list but I saw that another team (who wasn't the Reds) actually offered him more money but he chose the Phillies, something to do with proximity to his wife's family.

I think I saw that Wheeler deal was just shy of $120 million. Cincinnati might have been on the short list but I saw that another team (who wasn't the Reds) actually offered him more money but he chose the Phillies, something to do with proximity to his wife's family.

 

May have been the White Sox. I believe I saw them in with the Reds and Phillies a week or so ago.

May have been the White Sox. I believe I saw them in with the Reds and Phillies a week or so ago.

 

I just looked it up and you are right, it was the White Sox.

MLB Network's Jon Heyman reporting that the Reds are among the teams interested in Madison Bumgarner.

 

Figure he's going to be $100m+ contract, too. Bob's obviously willing to open up the pocket book, with the interest in Wheeler and Bumgarner.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.