UNC 98 Ohio St 89

CatchMeIfYouCan

As I watched the game, with everyone running the floor, lots of threes being made, athletic moves to the rim, etc., I couldn't help but think "it's no small wonder that these are the teams that are getting the cream of the high school crop." What elite player wouldn't want to play in this type of game night in, night out?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got to see the last few minutes of it. Both teams were impressive. Ohio St will be a top 5 team this year. I dont see them losing many games this year. The Big 10 is pretty weak outside of them and Wisconsin.

UNC will also be up there, both teams are set up great because they are great and both conferences arent their usual self.

So, apparently, this Greg Oden kid is going to be pretty good.
I watched Oden and Hansbrough play in High School, during Oden's Junior year I believe and wow....it was impressive at both ends and Conley, may not be getting the credit he deserved since him and Oden were teammates...but he is equally impressive, in his role.

How many points and boards did TH have for UNC? That's where Oden comes in.

21 and 14 (career high). Oden would definitely affect his rebound total but IMO, he would be on the other end of the court on a lot of those baskets. But, we'll find out in a month. OSU is scary good...

Excellent game...mister cee if you could allow for osme constructive criticism....Hanborough is a monster but that mid range needs some work..Especially when he does start to face the big boys.

By all accounts, he spent the summer working on that mid-range jumper. I hope he doesn't work too terribly hard on it though. IMO, anything that would improve his draft stock can wait.

What high school?

BTW, I'm pretty sure Reggie Lewis was the 6th man at Baltimore Dunbar back in the day.

I don't know about 6th man, but Dunbar had a heck of a high school team back then; Muggsy Bogues, David Wingate and Reggie Williams were also on the roster at the time.

WAY back in the day, I remember watching a televised game between "the best team in Baltimore" and "the best team in DC", between DeMatha HS and Baltimore Dunbar. DeMatha was led by Adrian Dantley, but got routed by Dunbar, who was led by guard Skip Wise, who scored nearly 50 in that game. Led the ACC in scoring at Clemson as a freshman, but his career was eventually ruined by poor decisions involving drugs.

Sorry about the threadjack, but the reference to Dunbar brought back memories of that game. Dantley called Wise the best he ever played against.

Back to the thread, Oden's wrist was wrapped in the McDonald's game. Last night the speculation was that he would be back anywhere from mid-December to January.