UNC 98 Ohio St 89

CatchMeIfYouCan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewis actually had 30 for OSU. UNC could not stop him tonight. Very nice player who brings much needed experience to this team.

This game probably had the best collection of young talent on the floor at the same time that I have ever seen. Can't wait to see what Oden can do.

UNC is going to give UK a lot of matchup problems. The Cats will have a lot of trouble keeping the score down and containing Lawson because they don't have anyone near as fast as him. They'll have to try and make it a half court game because they do not want to try and run with the Heels. It should be a good game though, and I'm already excited for Saturday.

Nice win for UNC. These 2 teams have so much talent its crazy. And as for Oden, at this point in the season I don't think we would have made that much of a difference maybe later in the season. Hansbrough would have abused him anyways.

He would have been abused tonight for sure. Did anyone else notice that UNC wasn't whistled for a foul until 12:18 seconds had passed in the 2nd half and didn't commit their 3rd foul until less than 45 seconds remained. They've got a fine team but when you're allowed to crash the offensive glass with impunity no matter how much contact occurs it greatly helps your cause. They probably would have won anyway but the absence of Oden and the foul dispartiy in the 2nd half sealed the Buckeyes fate.

Great college basketball game. The atmosphere was like a game in late March. I wouldn't doubt that a rematch will be played in late March:eek: Both these teams are extremely talented to say the least. Imo UNC/UCLA are the two best in the nation with OSU, Fla. and Kansas right behind them. How scary will OSU be when they get Oden back :scared: !

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=263330153

ESPN.com - NCB - Hansbrough, UNC take advantage of Oden's absence

Nice article

Ohio St shot 52% in the first half...

UNC has 3 freshmen averaging double figures in points (Wright, Ellington & Lawson) Granted they have only played 6 games but the future looks very bright for the Tar Heels

He would have been abused tonight for sure. Did anyone else notice that UNC wasn't whistled for a foul until 12:18 seconds had passed in the 2nd half and didn't commit their 3rd foul until less than 45 seconds remained. They've got a fine team but when you're allowed to crash the offensive glass with impunity no matter how much contact occurs it greatly helps your cause. They probably would have won anyway but the absence of Oden and the foul dispartiy in the 2nd half sealed the Buckeyes fate.

With the fouls being called like they were, and the shot clock situation at the end of the 1st half, I believe a little "home cooking" helped UNC. I would like to see a rematch at a neutral site. That would make for a better game.