Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Thunder, lightning, and the 4A game?

Featured Replies

Does anyone know when the 4A game would be played if by some chance the weather conditions (thunder/lightning) keep the game from being played Thursday night?

I don't know for sure , but because it is on a school night , it may get switched if it gets too late. It may depend if they can get to half time without too much interruption. I was anticipating an earlier start , like at 6:30 to try to dodge the bullet. Both teams have to agree to those terms I do believe.

Well Guru, knowing the KHSAA they would make it the longest day in the history of football. Plus, it's going to be 30 on Friday!

My guess is that much like the major league baseball game at the back end of a homestand, they'd be willing to wait a long, loooooong time. There is enough shelter on the stadium concourse for fans to wait it out safely (though probably not comfortably), so I think they'd make every effort to play Thursday night, even if that stretches into early Friday morning.

 

Playing a postponed or interrupted game on Friday wouldn't be easy, because the teams would either have to be back out there to finish it at 9 a.m. or so or wait until after 10 p.m. It'd be grossly unfair if not impossible to rearrange the Friday game times the night before. And we already know Saturday's out, so I bet plan B would take them into Sunday afternoon. No matter what the contingency is, it would'nt be very good, and you just know the very possibility of it is making their heads explode.

Local weather reports tonight call for showers at game time with heavy storms not coming in until later.

The forecast calls for thunder during the game but this time of year and with the temperature droping I'm not sure that thunder equals lightening for tonight.

 

Unless they see lightening I would imagine the game will go on.

 

Personnallly I think the 1A game is going to be the roughest. Temps in the 30's and winds of 30 mph and sleet and rain. Yuk:creepy: :irked:

According to the CJ this morning the first game will kick-off with a temp of about 25 degress. Doesn't sound like much fun.

I vote to move in to 5pm. Earlier the better.

I think the rain will be havier earlier, with everything settling down later....I don't think there wil be much lightening.

I vote to move in to 5pm. Earlier the better.

 

I'm not sure that would be a good plan. That's travel time for the Ryle fans, as well as most others coming from around the state.

You can’t change the game time. To many schedules are in place. i.e. THS Team Ready Sheet, Ryle travel time, Pizza Palace employees, etc... you get the message!

The team that is ahead at the time wins...........................

^ That's right...it'll keep the score more respectable that way....

Personnallly I think the 1A game is going to be the roughest. Temps in the 30's and winds of 30 mph and sleet and rain. Yuk:creepy: :irked:
Much like last year ... :lol:

If any of the games are called because of lightning, Sunday is the only viable option.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.