1A #5 Newport Central Catholic at 2A #10 Newport Predictions/Updates

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

• Newport Central Catholic
    • Newport

You can listen to this game on 859sportsradio.com!!! Can’t wait!!! I’m told the series is dominated by NCC at 39-11 and 1 tie. The last time Newport won was 1999. Wow 20 years and they have a legit shot to bring home the Fireman’s trophy. This rivalry started in 1965. I was 1 year old!! And there were three years where they didn’t play.

You can listen to this game on 859sportsradio.com!!! Can’t wait!!! I’m told the series is dominated by NCC at 39-11 and 1 tie. The last time Newport won was 1999. Wow 20 years and they have a legit shot to bring home the Fireman’s trophy. This rivalry started in 1965. I was 1 year old!! And there were three years where they didn’t play.

The closest win since 1999 was in 2014 when NewCath won 22-17. Later that year NCC went on to win 42-26 in the playoffs. Most of the wins have been 2 scores or better since Newport's last win in 1999. 2002 was the only other close game I could find with NewCath winning 21-14.

Since 1999 NCC is 21-0 versus Newport with an average score of 41-12.

This series is always better when the games are closer.

It depends on which NewCath team shows up. If the team that went down to Walton shows up they will lose. If the team that went to Campbell County shows up they will win. Newport has a legit shot.

I totally disagree... Newport is a better team than Campbell County. I say NCC wins this one, but if they play like they did against Campbell, they will lose. They didn't have that good of a game against Campbell IMO.