Bobby Petrino: "I am not a candidate for any job openings."

02Ram54

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that he has to say something regarding his position at the end of nearly every season speaks volumes, both in a positive & negative manner, IMO.

How is it BP's fault that other schools are interested in him as a coach?? :confused:

I mean, unless he's already accepted the job what is he supposed to say? I'm currently being considered for 5-10 head coaching jobs and weighing my offers, all current recruits should just stay tuned and it wouldn't hurt Jurich to go to his contingency play? He's done a great job at UL and someone will make at least an exploratory run at him every year.

I think you're on to something here, but don't we go through this every year?

The fact that he has to say something regarding his position at the end of nearly every season speaks volumes, both in a positive & negative manner, IMO.

Most coaches who are successful at programs that are not established football powers have to do similar things. Comes with the territory.

Like him or not, Petrino is a very good coach. How many teams in the country who lose 2 Heisman candidates (1 for the season in game 1 and another for a few games) and continue to win as UL has? Not too many. The bottom line is that the Cards fans wanted to hear that he wasn't planning on going anywhere. What was he going to say, "I'm am going to look at the Alabama job"?

He has UL football going in the right direction, has a solid AD, and does not have near the pressure that he would have at Alabama. If you are making $2.5 million per year and they offer $3 million, I don't think it would be worth the additional pressures.

Shouldn't you be worried about why your team is 6-6 and looking for a new coach, rather than worrying about ours? ;)

Nah, it is so much more fun to take my jabs at your team. My team is actually the team in Blue and White but you always have to have a backup plan, besides mine might be more of a baseball attraction.......:banana:

Besides, maybe "my team" will be the one in the plane...:thumb:

Nah, it is so much more fun to take my jabs at your team. My team is actually the team in Blue and White but you always have to have a backup plan, besides mine might be more of a baseball attraction.......:banana:

Besides, maybe "my team" will be the one in the plane...:thumb:

Air Force? :D