Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Titans 43 Browns 13

Featured Replies

Tennessee punched Baker and the Cleveland defense right in the chops. Marcus Mariota 13-24 3 touchdowns. Delanie Walker had two touchdowns catches. For Cleveland Baker Mayfield 24-38 with a touchdown and three picks. He was sacked five times, while Mariota suffered four sacks.

I am shocked, I wanted to believe all the hype.

Can we put all the "Cleveland is a legit Super Bowl contender" stuff behind us now? A 30-point home opener loss sort of dispels that.

Last 21 years, the Browns are 1-19-1 opening game of the season.

 

I will admit I cracked a smile, for at least this week, with as much junk they were talking coming into the year.

Is Baker Mayfield good enough to play QB in the NFL?

  • Author
I am shocked, I wanted to believe all the hype.

 

I have told everyone here that they would be 6-10. Best case 7-9.

I have told everyone here that they would be 6-10. Best case 7-9.

 

It is only week one but that looks in the ballpark to me.

Not the start that Cleveland was looking for. I semi-believed, but not after today.

I hope everyone's over reaction to week one is right. However, also remember Baker Mayfield is like Brett Favre. He is a gun slinger, there will be days where he throws multiple picks like today. Then there will be days where those changes he takes hits their mark and he looks amazing. Favre made it work for him more times than not, let's see if Mayfield. Even though I am a Baker guys, I hope he has more days like this.

I didn't enter into the "Cleveland is a Super Bowl contender" hype. They hadn't played a game together with the current lineup. I am of the "show me" mindset. I do believe they are a pretty good team. Before week 1, I wouldn't have been surprised if they come in third in their conference. But I do believe they are much better than they were and will still have a good season, just over .500. I would guess 9-7.

 

Five sacks against the Browns points to a real issue. The trade they made with the Giants to get DE Olivier Vernon cost them Kevin Zeitler. Zeitler was an important part of a solid veteran offensive line. This created a huge hole that the Browns have not yet filled. This is a long-term issue that will go a long way in determining their win-loss record on the year.

 

The microscope is now on Head Coach Freddie Kitchens. Will he be able to put this horrible loss behind him? Eight-teen penalties for the Browns in this game. Coach has to address this in practice this week. Can he regather the magic he had with his play-calling from last year?

 

Cleveland plays the Jets on Monday night. This should be a good opponent for them to get some of their mojo back.

How about OBJ wearing a $350,000 watch during the game? At least we know that the change in scenery has put his mind in the right place. :rolleyes:

Cleveland has a very difficult schedule the first half of the season. I also have heard some NFL experts comment on their poor offensive line. I heard at least one analyst say it may be worse than the Bengals o-line. After this loss, the Browns will do well to get 3 wins in their first 8 games.

I didn't enter into the "Cleveland is a Super Bowl contender" hype. They hadn't played a game together with the current lineup. I am of the "show me" mindset. I do believe they are a pretty good team. Before week 1, I wouldn't have been surprised if they come in third in their conference. But I do believe they are much better than they were and will still have a good season, just over .500. I would guess 9-7.

 

Five sacks against the Browns points to a real issue. The trade they made with the Giants to get DE Olivier Vernon cost them Kevin Zeitler. Zeitler was an important part of a solid veteran offensive line. This created a huge hole that the Browns have not yet filled. This is a long-term issue that will go a long way in determining their win-loss record on the year.

 

The microscope is now on Head Coach Freddie Kitchens. Will he be able to put this horrible loss behind him? Eight-teen penalties for the Browns in this game. Coach has to address this in practice this week. Can he regather the magic he had with his play-calling from last year?

 

Cleveland plays the Jets on Monday night. This should be a good opponent for them to get some of their mojo back.

 

It sure makes Monday Night Football interesting next week.

 

And I agree 100% on the show me mentality.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.