Alabama Coaching Situation

KY Thorobred

http://www.wvmetronews.com/index_forsub.cfm?func=displayfullstory&storyid=17521

Pat Forde, ESPN.com college football and basketball columnist, reported on Friday’s “The Dan Patrick Show” on ESPN Radio that he expects West Virginia University football coach Rich Rodriguez will receive an offer from the University of Alabama this weekend to become the Crimson Tide’s next head coach. That offer will apparently be made sometime after WVU’s regular season finale against Rutgers Saturday night.

Rodriguez’s current contract at WVU also includes a hefty buy-out clause. If either the University or Rodriguez would terminate the contract prior to Aug. 31, 2007, the buy-out would be $2 million. That buy-out decreases to $1.5 million after Aug. 31, 2007.

Despite that buyout, several sources within the West Virginia athletic department have indicated that Rodriguez has said he is ready to accept the Alabama job, if offered, and that he’s already talking to members of his staff about accompanying him to Tuscaloosa.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got a phone call from a WVU fan saying that Rodriguez called a local sports show that they guy that leaked the story is hosting, he just ripped him an said it is absolutely false...

..rumor is they are offering 10 years, $30 million, most guranteed....

How could Rich leave the Neers with Slayton and White coming back for two more years? If he does the next coach at WVA...Wow. Now if Rich could bring Slayton and White with him to Bama. I don't think he will leave and Mal Moore said last nite (Friday) there hasn't been any offers as of yet and that included Darth Visor. I think after the Matchups for the bowls are made it will get crazy. And my right arm is killing me and my wife will not speak about the Bama situation. "you people are Nuts". is all she will say.

Chuck Norris once scored 16 TD's in one game. He sat out the second, third, and fourth quarters. But seriously, would anything strike more fear in the hearts of opposing coaches than the iminent threat of a round house kick at the 50 yard line if the opponent won?

A perfectly executed Chuck Norris Roundhouse kick is the preferred form of execution in 9 states....its a fact...you can look it up!

SpeakinBrother, there was no "offer" to darth visor...Lots of internet junk, but no offer from the people who makes the offers. The WVA coach might be headed our way there was a meeting on Tuesday and this was the first meeting for any coach. Coach Bobby P, Got no "offer".

I trust your info on this AL, keep us posted.:thumb:

A couple of things.

First, it is hard for me to understand Alabama firing Mike Shula without having another coach already in the fold. Maybe that coach is in the fold, but isn't talking. This might be because of the timing with his team being in a big bowl game. I have a hard time believing the deal hasn't already been cut, just not made public knowledge yet.

Secondly, mark Steve Spurrier off the list. The lifetime membership to Augusta National is what will keep him at South Carolina. He is not going anywhere! Guaranteed!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I don't see Petrino, Saban, Spurrier or Stoops being very interested at all.

Here is a couple of options...

Crock Pot Crow

Ingredients

12 - 16 pieces of crow breast meat (no bones) (6 - 8 crows)

2 cups barbecue sauce

1 cup water

1/3 cup of brown sugar

1/3 cup of chopped onions

1/3 cup of chopped green peppers

salt and black pepper to taste

Preparation

Shred crow breasts into as small pieces as possible. Add to crock pot with all other ingredients. Cook in crock pot for 6 hours on low. Serve over rolls or bread. Makes 4 servings.

Crow In A Blanket

Ingredients

4 pieces of crow breast meat (no bones) per person

wild rice

bacon strips

butter

salt and black pepper

Preparation

Rub each crow breast piece with salt and pepper. Wrap each piece with a strip of bacon and place 2 wrapped pieces in aluminum foil. Cook at 300 degrees for 2 hours. Serve hot with steamed wild rice, generously buttered.

:D