Can anyone in 4A contain Johnson Central?

Traveling to Lexington to take on Lafayette in the Bumblebee/Mingua Beef Jerky Showdown. The Golden Eagles wouldn't have a problem in this one as they cruised to a 49-12 win over the Generals. If Johnson Central keeps this up, can anyone in 4A match and contain their high octane offense?

Edited by bugatti

The last four years the Golden Eagles were proclaimed to be “unstoppable”. That was proven true only in 2016. The truth is every year there appears to be an unbeatable team. A team that gets a thread in August that reads “Just mail the trophy to ____ now.” Let’s play it out.

Traveling to Lexington to take on Lafayette in the Bumblebee/Mingua Beef Jerky Showdown. The Golden Eagles wouldn't have a problem in this one as they cruised to a 49-12 win over the Generals. If Johnson Central keeps this up, can anyone in 4A match and contain their high octane offense?

It’s not like the result wasn’t expected. Lafayette was 1-10 last year. I agree with Macdon, just let the season play out. Class 4A is loaded this year with quality teams who could easily make some noise. These type of threads, along with the yearly August mail the trophy threads by some are just tiresome. We are in week two of a brand new season and I know there has to be more to talk about than class 4A matching and containing Johnson Central’s offense.

I haven't see Johnson Central since they stopped playing the NKY horses in the playoffs, are they still a running team, nearly exclusively?

They still primarily keep it on the ground. But with a four year starter at QB and WR/TE Seth Dalton back in the mix after a knee injury last year, they might put it in the air a little more than usual this season. And with 4A being a much more competitive class this year, I think that would be to their benefit.