BluegrassPreps Pre-Season Football Rankings - Class 3A

Ram

DeSales passed the look test. I dont think Oldham County had any rushing yards. That defensive line is going to cause alot of nightmares this year. They are big athletic and can motor. Offense looked to open it up more this season. Scroggins is going to be a stud at receiver. Johnson will carry the rock again this year. Very nice quick athletic qb who transferred in last year. He'll be a threat with his feet and arm. All in all again just a scrimmage mind you but thg hey definitely passed the look test.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gonna put it in here: Bardstown. No longer young. Physically strongest team Coach Clark has ever had. Essentially platooning starters for first time ever. 22 seniors, some of whom are starting for the third straight year. 10 returners on defense, 9 on offense. Got some basketball players to come out that haven’t played in a few seasons, a transfer student from Alabama, QB has grown 3 inches and gained about 20 lbs. and is gunning it, stable of athletes to run on and off the field. Even Mark Brown will tell you that Etown was not 31-7 better than us last year, and he graduated more starters. Weeks 1 and 2 will be instructive.

Hard to tell about CAL and Desales. For about 4 years in the earlier part of the decade they split the series with Desales winning the important games in the playoffs. CAL has dominated the series in the last three years going 5-1 against the Colts. 2016 and 2017 saw close games. 2018 was not even really close. If Desales is to take back control then ColtPride is right. This is the year. Best of luck to all the teams in 3A.

With six teams opening up versus ranked opponents, we could see a lot of movement in this class after Week 1. Both Louisville schools have very stiff tests and Ashland has to go 3 1/2 hours from home to face a ranked 4A squad. Overall that's a good slate of games to get the ball rolling in 3A.

Just gonna put it in here: Bardstown. No longer young. Physically strongest team Coach Clark has ever had. Essentially platooning starters for first time ever. 22 seniors, some of whom are starting for the third straight year. 10 returners on defense, 9 on offense. Got some basketball players to come out that haven’t played in a few seasons, a transfer student from Alabama, QB has grown 3 inches and gained about 20 lbs. and is gunning it, stable of athletes to run on and off the field. Even Mark Brown will tell you that Etown was not 31-7 better than us last year, and he graduated more starters. Weeks 1 and 2 will be instructive.

I think they're right on the edge, probably 11-13 range. It wouldn't surprise me to see them in the Top 10 as the season progresses. I really liked how they improved last year.

No respect for the Rock moving into 3A? Big mistake.

Where should they be ranked?

My first three thoughts on Rockcastle from last year: They were 5-6, outscored by two touchdowns per game, and lost their best offensive player.

I do think they’ll be okay but I’m not sure they need to be in the top ten.

They return several guys that sat out last year for various reasons, the quarterback has gotten stronger and faster with more experience and they are deeper than last year. Their DBs last year had no game experience for the most part. They also drop in class so they are no longer the little school playing the bigger schools. Also they played a much tougher schedule last year. They deserve to be in the top 10. Two weeks of scrimmage and they look strong. JMHO

They return several guys that sat out last year for various reasons, the quarterback has gotten stronger and faster with more experience and they are deeper than last year. Their DBs last year had no game experience for the most part. They also drop in class so they are no longer the little school playing the bigger schools. Also they played a much tougher schedule last year. They deserve to be in the top 10. Two weeks of scrimmage and they look strong. JMHO

Deserve to be in the Top 10? Based on what criteria? Of the excuses you listed for their 5-6 season last year, even if all of that is corrected, that doesn't automatically make them a Top 10 team. Who in the Top 10 would you replace with Rockcastle?