Preseason Top 5?

To clarify, saying that CCH had a good summer vs. they are pre-season top 5, I don't think are the same. Proper context, from my perspective, is they lost alot, Mayer is not coming back, but they had a legit 7-footer move in, NKU coaches son moved in, and 6'6" son of Keith Starks decided to go to CCH. All that, plus Disken having the summer he had all adds up to a pretty fortunate (not expected) summer! Those I have spoke to agree it's too early to see how it all looks.

I am looking forward to seeing how the freshman, Starks develops. Now if Rayvon Griffith had decided to cross the bridge instead of going to Hughes in Cincinnati then they're in the discussion.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now if Rayvon Griffith had decided to cross the bridge instead of going to Hughes in Cincinnati then they're in the discussion.

Lots of chatter around NKY that Rayvon's high school is yet to be determined. I'm with you, while I think they are getting WAY TOO MUCH hype and attention right now based on a bunch of "what if's", Rayvon matriculating to CovCath would change the trajectory for their year immediately.

Lots of chatter around NKY that Rayvon's high school is yet to be determined. I'm with you, while I think they are getting WAY TOO MUCH hype and attention right now based on a bunch of "what if's", Rayvon matriculating to CovCath would change the trajectory for their year immediately.

He said he is going to Hughes but you never fully know until the first day of school who will show up where.

CovCath and Trinity will always get all of the preseason love because they have earned that type of respect over the past decade.

When it is preseason and folks are overinflating summer results I’m always going to choose Trinity and CovCath in a preseason top 5 over a lot of teams because it is the easy, lazy choice. You’ll be more right than wrong when you choose those two to have more success than most.

It’s like choosing the Patriots to win the Super Bowl in August.

CovCath and Trinity will always get all of the preseason love because they have earned that type of respect over the past decade.

When it is preseason and folks are overinflating summer results I’m always going to choose Trinity and CovCath in a preseason top 5 over a lot of teams because it is the easy, lazy choice. You’ll be more right than wrong when you choose those two to have more success than most.

It’s like choosing the Patriots to win the Super Bowl in August.

After David Johnson graduated picking Trinity is like picking the Patriots without Tom Brady.

Speaking of preseason top teams, North Oldham added a 2022 kid from Ballard, some kid named Rico. May want to bump them up a spot or 2.

After David Johnson graduated picking Trinity is like picking the Patriots without Tom Brady.

Speaking of preseason top teams, North Oldham added a 2022 kid from Ballard, some kid named Rico. May want to bump them up a spot or 2.

Trinity has graduated tons of kids like that before and been just fine.

Isn’t North Oldham is coached by Trinity grad David Levitch or did he go to a different school in Louisville? I was thinking he went to Trinity.

I am looking forward to seeing how the freshman, Starks develops. Now if Rayvon Griffith had decided to cross the bridge instead of going to Hughes in Cincinnati then they're in the discussion.

I find this funny because Starks just got MVP of their AAU squad Orangemen Elite which had an excellent summer! Beat the #1 freshmen in the country a few weeks back. Fully anticipate him to be one of the top players in the state regardless of class , he will be top 75 nationally in his class when it’s all said and done.

Yes, as a CovCath loyalist who is pretty close to the program I would pump the brakes on state #1 preseason talk. They did have a successful summer in their scrimmage games and are very talented on paper, but 3 kids who figure to be in the rotation have never played played together when it counts. Come March I hope that is transpiring, and if that happens they can be a bonafide contender.

How does Buford transferring from Male to Ballard affect both schools?

Male just a little with depth but I wouldn't change them as the top team in the state. I could be convinced to now include Ballard in the preseason top 5, not so much because of Buford but because of incoming freshman Jack Edelin enrolling with the Bruins.

The 2023 class in Kentucky is loaded. Edelin, Glenn, Starks, Shepherd, Roberts and I'm sure a few more I'm missing.