Preseason Top 5?

I find this funny because Starks just got MVP of their AAU squad Orangemen Elite which had an excellent summer! Beat the #1 freshmen in the country a few weeks back. Fully anticipate him to be one of the top players in the state regardless of class , he will be top 75 nationally in his class when it’s all said and done.

I think this is a bit much. Chandler is a very big and mature kid for his age, but to say he will be one of the best players in the state is not fair to the kid. I also don’t think he is 6’6” but probably 6’4”, unless I have grown. In my opinion, I thought he always projected better in the future for football because I just don’t think he will be super tall (6’8” or taller) and he is not super athletic. In order for him to be top 75 when he is a senior, it will require him to acquire more skills to shoot consistently from 3, and put the ball on the floor. I do think he will be a very good high school basketball player through and should be able to play at some level in college.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is a bit much. Chandler is a very big and mature kid for his age, but to say he will be one of the best players in the state is not fair to the kid. I also don’t think he is 6’6” but probably 6’4”, unless I have grown. In my opinion, I thought he always projected better in the future for football because I just don’t think he will be super tall (6’8” or taller) and he is not super athletic. In order for him to be top 75 when he is a senior, it will require him to acquire more skills to shoot consistently from 3, and put the ball on the floor. I do think he will be a very good high school basketball player through and should be able to play at some level in college.

Good thing it’s just your opinion as I believe he doesn’t even play football anymore. The kid is very skilled for his size and age, that will only continue to progress as he gets older . He is firmly in the 6’4-6’6 range and isn’t done growing! He has a very soft touch from anywhere on the court and knocks down long range shots consistent enough as a freshman. With the work they do at CCH its not a stretch at all to think this kid could reach top 75.

He doesn’t have to be super athletic either he is athletic enough with his dads genes. I don’t know what player you have been watching but he is far ahead of most freshmen when it comes to skill. He has size and can put it on the floor to create or can shoot it. Has an arsenal of post moves, but is really dangerous facing up on the mid range as a stretch 4.

Good thing it’s just your opinion as I believe he doesn’t even play football anymore. The kid is very skilled for his size and age, that will only continue to progress as he gets older . He is firmly in the 6’4-6’6 range and isn’t done growing! He has a very soft touch from anywhere on the court and knocks down long range shots consistent enough as a freshman. With the work they do at CCH its not a stretch at all to think this kid could reach top 75.

Again not knocking the kid. My thought was that he should at least stay with football for a while. I think he will end up in the 6’6” range and would be a great tight end or defensive end. Basketball is for super freaks (or very tall) these days and I am just not sure he will be that. And like I said, he will be a very good high school player and will play at some level in college.