Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA officially Moves 3 point line back

Featured Replies

Moving from 20 feet, nine inches, to 22 feet, 1¾ inches.

 

That will match international rules. It will start in 2019-2020 season.

  • Author

Also The NCAA approved a change to the shot clock on Wednesday. It will now reset to 20 seconds after an offensive rebound, in hopes of speeding up pace of play.

 

Coaches can call live-ball timeouts in the final two minutes of games too.

Moving from 20 feet, nine inches, to 22 feet, 1¾ inches.

 

That will match international rules. It will start in 2019-2020 season.

 

While we are at it was is the NBA distance for 3pt goals?

I like all three of those changes.

 

They should kick in the International goal tend rule as well.

I figured this was official when I saw a picture of UofL's new practice court and the line was moved back.

  • Author

23 feet 9 inches for the NBA 3 point line. From the corners it's 22 feet.

I like all three of those changes.

 

They should kick in the International goal tend rule as well.

 

I agree.

What’s the international goal tend rule?

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

What’s the international goal tend rule?

 

Something to the affect of once it hits the rim you can grab it off or swat it away.

  • Author
What’s the international goal tend rule?

 

Defender can block any shot that is over the rim and the ball is on its upward flight.

Is it because so many more 3’s are being taken?

 

I think it's more to help create more spacing on the floor. To help enhance even more the freedom of movement, which seems to be a big emphasis in college basketball the last few years. Extending the three point line makes the defense come out further and creates more spacing for the offense.

I can only hope the NBA pushes theirs as well. I’d like to see these shooters earn the extra point a bit more.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.