Thoughts on Nebraska

Pile Driver

I’m a big Husker fan. Have been since the Rozier/Gill/Fryer days.

Last year, Scott Frost’s first in Lincoln wasn’t quite what Husker nation dreamed of. The first half of the season started with a historic losing streak. However, as the season progressed, they put together a good second half of the season to give the Big Red momentum into the off season.

Scott Frost is up-beat about the progress the team has shown in the weight room, condoning, classroom/off field behaviors, etc. Expectations are obviously higher going into this coming season.

What, realistically, is their glass ceiling? I don’t see a conference championship this year, but am looking forward to an improved Big 10 record.

Maybe 7 and 5 with that schedule?

Sat, Aug 31 vs. South Alabama Lincoln, Neb.

Sat, Sep 7 at Colorado Boulder, Colo.

Sat, Sep 14 vs. Northern Illinois Lincoln, Neb.

Sat, Sep 21 at Illinois Champaign, Ill.

Sat, Sep 28 vs. Ohio State Lincoln, Neb.

Sat, Oct 5 vs. Northwestern Lincoln, Neb.

Sat, Oct 12 at Minnesota Minneapolis, Minn.

Sat, Oct 26 vs. Indiana Lincoln, Neb.

Sat, Nov 2 at Purdue West Lafayette, Ind.

Sat, Nov 16 vs. Wisconsin Lincoln, Neb.

Sat, Nov 23 at Maryland College Park, Md.

Fri, Nov 29 vs. Iowa Lincoln, Neb.

Nebraska Football Schedule - 2

I’m a believer in what Scott Frost is doing in Lincoln. Even more so I’m a believer in Taylor Martinez. I see 8-4 with an outside shot at 9-3 with that schedule.

I know who you are talking about, but it's Adrian and not Taylor. He graduated about 5 years ago. Both outstanding runners, but Adrian can pass some too!

Adrian set some records for total offense as a frosh. So, yeah, things look bright at the QB position!

I know who you are talking about, but it's Adrian and not Taylor. He graduated about 5 years ago. Both outstanding runners, but Adrian can pass some too!

Adrian set some records for total offense as a frosh. So, yeah, things look bright at the QB position!

Haha silly mistake on my part, but it’s an easy mistake to make when they have the same last name :lol2:

I think 8-4 should be the absolute lowest expectation for regular season wins and losses, I think 9-3 is the most likely, and I think Husker faithful can talk themselves into 10 wins. The west is winnable this year if guys stay healthy. The only real question mark is in the backfield, but the way Frost wants to run his offense, that isn't as crucial as it would be for a run-first / traditional pro-style offense.

I think the defense will be much improved.

I think the next 5 years should be a straight climb up from where they were the first half of last year, to getting in the mix at the 2nd tier of national powers again. There won't be a return to the mid-90's and complete dominance, but they can reach and maintain a higher level than Michigan State, in my opinion.