Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

TO in the HOF?

Featured Replies

So if someone gets a flag thown on them for an uncalled celebration then you ban them to ?

  • Replies 30
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at his stats. Thall Hall should be about stats, and by the time he's going to retire his stats will make him a no brianer.

What are his stats, since I have no desire to look them up on Owens. If the HOF is about character, as in other sports....than this "character" does not make mine.

 

I'm not sure I agree with this statement. I do agree with TO, along with Chad Johnson's character being so low it's almost negative. What I don't agree with is other sports looking at character. If that's so, how can you justify the MLB HOF? Mickey Mantle was a constant drunk. Babe Ruth was a fat slob womanizer. Ty Cobb could possibly be the most hated person ever in baseball (although he's my favorite player of all time.) But they're all in the HOF based completely on their numbers. I don't see how you could say a person's character comes into play in other sports. I just don't see it.

He gets in with a paid admission.

So if someone gets a flag thrown on them for an uncalled celebration then you ban them to ?
....It goes back to his constant disdain, for the rules of the NFL and although the punishment is not banishment, still an abundance of violations. A perpetual rules violator, is just that....a rules violator and they don't have any respect for the game, team or fans, just themselves.

 

Dismissed his Freshman year at Tenn-Chattanooga, he was suspended by San Francisco, for conduct detrimental. Allegations about a former QB, misses meetings, suspended by Eagles, accusations about Mariucci, refused to report to the Ravens, etc...it goes on and on.

 

His conduct on the field and off, is less than HOF like to me. Although, by the current method of selection, he will have the opportunity.

 

The Method of Selection of Enshrinees:

Election of new members to the Pro Football Hall of Fame is solely the responsibility of the 39-member Board of Selectors, a committee largely made up of sports writers. Each NFL city has one representative with two from New York City, because of its two teams. There also is a representative of the Pro Football Writers Association, and six are at-large representatives.

The Selection Committee meets each year on the day before the Super Bowl to elect a new class of enshrinees. To be elected, a nominee must obtain 80 percent of the vote of those selectors in attendance. Present rules call for the election of between three and six new enshrinees each year. Any fan may nominate any pro football contributor or player simply by writing to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The only limitation is that a player must have been retired at least five years and a coach must be retired. Other contributors (owners, administrative personnel, etc.) may be nominated and elected while they are still active.

I'm not sure I agree with this statement. I do agree with TO, along with Chad Johnson's character being so low it's almost negative. What I don't agree with is other sports looking at character. If that's so, how can you justify the MLB HOF? Mickey Mantle was a constant drunk. Babe Ruth was a fat slob womanizer. Ty Cobb could possibly be the most hated person ever in baseball (although he's my favorite player of all time.) But they're all in the HOF based completely on their numbers. I don't see how you could say a person's character comes into play in other sports. I just don't see it.
Hall of Fame in any sport to me, is about excellence. You are 100% correct on those you mention but did they violate the rules of the sport they played....I mentioned Rose, as an example of someone who didn't get in, as a result of something he did why still involved in the game.

 

Owens is and has been, a constant violator of NFL and team rules/policies, which the same can be said about Rose. I don't separate the two, because to me a rules violation, is a rules violation.

He's be in. First ballot? Maybe . Maybe not. He'll be in though.

He would not be in my HOF. However, if he continues to produce, it will be hard to keep him out. He is an excellent WR. Since the hall is based pretty much on individual numbers, he will get in. His attitude may cost him being a first ballot HOF inductee, but I think he will get in.

Hall of Fame in any sport to me, is about excellence. You are 100% correct on those you mention but did they violate the rules of the sport they played....I mentioned Rose, as an example of someone who didn't get in, as a result of something he did why still involved in the game.

 

Owens is and has been, a constant violator of NFL and team rules/policies, which the same can be said about Rose. I don't separate the two, because to me a rules violation, is a rules violation.

 

Fine. But you said character. I assumed you were talking about their off the field lives.

What about Jesse Tuggle? Does he get in? If TO does then Jesse does IMO! Even though Jesse played LB he just came to work and played 'FOOTBALL" I should have went and looked up Jesse career aculades. He's going on the first ballot. He's just a player you never here about unless it's about his "play on the field". That's where it should stay IMO.

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/history/rohTuggle.jsp

Numbers wise he's in the HOF, but people vote on this, and people can hold personal grudges so it's no sure thing.

So if someone gets a flag thown on them for an uncalled celebration then you ban them to ?

:rolleyes: Yea, right!! There is more to the TO saga than just his endzone stupidy. If I had a vote, I would not vote for him if he was the only one that was up for the vote. I dislike him very much!!!!!!!

Hall of Fame in any sport to me, is about excellence. You are 100% correct on those you mention but did they violate the rules of the sport they played....I mentioned Rose, as an example of someone who didn't get in, as a result of something he did why still involved in the game.

 

Owens is and has been, a constant violator of NFL and team rules/policies, which the same can be said about Rose. I don't separate the two, because to me a rules violation, is a rules violation.

Different violations bring different punishments. Comparing what "Price Hill Pete", did to what TO has done is the same as saying jaywalking is the same as murder. Apples and oranges.

Different violations bring different punishments. Comparing what "Price Hill Pete", did to what TO has done is the same as saying jaywalking is the same as murder. Apples and oranges.
A rulebreaker, is a rulebreaker and the difference between some, is the constant flaunting and disdain, TO has for the league, some players and even his team.

 

Can't say you're a team player, when you constantly can't get along with any team and his violations, are just that....violations. I don't put TO and Rose in the same comparison, other than the fact they both broke their sports rules and too me, they are the same lack of principal.

I think it is too early to say if he could get in or not. I think he still has a good 3 or 4 more years to play. But when it's all said and done he will probably get in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.