10th Region 2019/2020

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, back to my question. Can a freshman transfer to follow his father's coaching change to another school and be immediately eligible?

Maybe. The one instance I’m aware of, the son was made to sit out half the season before becoming eligible when his father took a new coaching job.

Even if there is a rule there has to be an exception when a parent moves jobs. Of course the child is going to school where his dad coaches. They should make an exemption in those instances. There really isn’t a lot consistency with the Khsaa on these transfers anyway. I’ve seen plenty leave and play immediately with no other reason than they wanted to be on a better team. So yes he should get to play.

Even if there is a rule there has to be an exception when a parent moves jobs. Of course the child is going to school where his dad coaches. They should make an exemption in those instances. There really isn’t a lot consistency with the Khsaa on these transfers anyway. I’ve seen plenty leave and play immediately with no other reason than they wanted to be on a better team. So yes he should get to play.

You are probably wrong simply because everything you say makes 100% logical sense. Not many would ever accuse the KHSAA of being guilty of that.