Reds at Pirates (4/4 - 4/7)

I see that Hunter Green, who was going to lead us to the promised land, but has done nothing to date, is now scheduled for Tommy John surgery and is out for the season. I think we had all hoped that like Don Gullet we might get a couple of seasons out of him before he blew his arm out - Guess not!!!

Another wasted first-round draft choice. This one on an 18 year old wunderkind.

You think his career is over?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reds bats silent again tonight as we are shutout again on 6 hits. Just don't understand how anyone can be positive about this team. Just like last year, we come out of spring training with no offense at all to bury our chances in April. Mahle pitched his rear end off and got nothing.

Reds offense in 2018 was #8 or better in almost every stat. The offense wasn't the problem last year. Looking at the off season moves, I expected this year's offense to be better than last year's. You didn't?

Reds offense in 2018 was #8 or better in almost every stat. The offense wasn't the problem last year. Looking at the off season moves, I expected this year's offense to be better than last year's. You didn't?

Yeah, they will be better but who cares in June when we are 15 to 20 games out. The season is over early like many of the past seasons.

I see that Hunter Green, who was going to lead us to the promised land, but has done nothing to date, is now scheduled for Tommy John surgery and is out for the season. I think we had all hoped that like Don Gullet we might get a couple of seasons out of him before he blew his arm out - Guess not!!!

Another wasted first-round draft choice. This one on an 18 year old wunderkind.

Isn’t the success rate after surgery 90%?

Terrible would be an understatement. I do not think I have witnessed 3 straight shut outs. One thing that drove me nuts at the end of spring training was Irwin getting sent down. He was raking all spring. He’s better than kemp and Schebler at this point. Doesn’t make a lot of sense and it has to cause chemistry issues. Irwin played well at the end of last year as well. He has earned the right in my book. Scooter must mean more than we realize. Better keep him and Senzel to CF so we can score. Unfortunately that’s not till June and we will be 25 games back.