Reds at Pirates (4/4 - 4/7)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pittsburgh Pirates 6 Cincinnati Reds 5 10 Innings

The Reds(1-7) bullpen gave up three runs, all earned and the Pirates(4-3) defeated the Reds in ten innings. Raisel Iglesias

(L, 0-2) took the loss. Francisco Liriano (W, 1-0) picked up the win. Josh Bell had three hits for the winners, including his first dinger of the season. He drove in two. Starling Marte also drove in two, for the Bucs. Melky Cabrera and Kevin Newman both drove in one.

For the Reds, the offense finally showed a heartbeat. Joey Votto blasted his first bomb of the season, a solo shot. He ended the game with two hits.

Kyle Farmer blasted his first bomb of the season and he drove in two. Yasiel Puig and backup catcher, Curt Casali each drove in a run.

Reds score today and still same result. A loss. Igelias not getting the job done. Been terrible thus far. Last nine hitters for Reds made outs. Reds and Red Sox may be worst teams in baseball so far.
Terrible is a kind term. I would add the Cubs to the "worst teams so far" list, aren't they 1-6 as well so far ? Problem is, we know that the Red Sox, Cubs will be winning and probably soon. With some of the Reds off season additions I would like to say the same for Cincy, but considering the past few years failed trade deals followed by consistent last place finishes.... I'm not sure. After all, Kemp was really good several years ago but there's a reason that he was shipped out in that deal. Like others the Reds got (with the exception of Gray), I'm hope that we / Reds didn't get damaged and / or past due goods.

Yes, its still really early and I hope things do turn around, and soon. With hearing all the same every year for the past few cellar dwelling teams … I'll believe it when I see it.

Yes, he is horrible over these 16 or so at bats. 16 at bats. If you are gonna get whacked out every time a player has a bad 16 at bat streak, you will be insane by the end of the season.

LOL, I wouldn’t call it whacked out, just realistic facts, have you seen him bat, swings like he’s 80 years old, wait and see what he does, word is Reds HAD to take Kemp for the Dodgers to make the deal, there’s a reason for that!!

LOL, I wouldn’t call it whacked out, just realistic facts, have you seen him bat, swings like he’s 80 years old, wait and see what he does, word is Reds HAD to take Kemp for the Dodgers to make the deal, there’s a reason for that!!

Yes, they probably had to take him. The Dodgers are LOADED in the outfield. At the time of the trade, they were hoping for Harper and trading Kemp and Puig cleared payroll. Kemp was an excess. He would have been our best outfielder by far last year. That is how trades happen. Players each team sees as excess are of value to the other.

Jesse Winker is 1 for 19. Are we done with him?

I also have to laugh at C. Welsh keep making excuses, explaining away lousy baseball. He should say something like "we Suck right now and hopefully that will improve". :idunno: :lol2:

He did kind of get on Votto on that terrible base running but then caught himself and did not say any more.