N Ky Football Coaches Awards

CCH86

Not following you 86. This was of our own doing, so to speak. I doubt Dale has ever "forgotten" to give a kid a chance at recognition.

BF, this has been validated by another Coach, so the info is sadly accurate.

I was referring to the qoute from Namecips on "politics" ie we did'nt get votes or nominations from other coaches because we are on top this year.

But of course as I mentioned in another post if this is true(which you say you now have verification) that is very very sad and is a very poor reflection on our Coach.

He owes his boys an apology

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the Cov. Cath. coach did not show up at the meeting to nominate his players.

This statement is 100% the TRUTH.

And for anyone that is trying to blame "politics" on the other coaches of NKY--you have NO CLUE what you are talking about.

When it comes to the NKY coaches teams--as a coach--you (or a designated assistant who shows up at the meeting) have to nominate your own kids. That is a RULE. Other coaches can not nominate someone elses kids. As far as all state goes--I honestly don't have a clue how that part works.

But for any of the Cov Cath faithful to try to say that their team was overlooked because of the other coaches in NKY . . . again . . . you have NO CLUE.

Your complaints need to be directed in a different way.

And for anyone that is trying to blame "politics" on the other coaches of NKY--you have NO CLUE what you are talking about.

When it comes to the NKY coaches teams--as a coach--you (or a designated assistant who shows up at the meeting) have to nominate your own kids. That is a RULE. Other coaches can not nominate someone elses kids. As far as all state goes--I honestly don't have a clue how that part works.

But for any of the Cov Cath faithful to try to say that their team was overlooked because of the other coaches in NKY . . . again . . . you have NO CLUE.

Since you're taking the shotgun approach, let me clarify. I'm a "CovCath faithful" and my comments were very clearly directed at one of our own. I'm not blaming any other coaches, not even a little.

I assume you weren't directing your comments at me, but the shotgun approach tends to hit everyone standing around. :D

That's absolutely terrible. I would think that Popham would be the front runner for all state kicker. CCH does have some other very deserving players for top 24, maybe not all state, but certainly worth mentioning. I do believe that the rule is that you can only nominate 2 players from the same team for the top 24 banquet. Usually teams who have had better years are the teams that get two players. Hopefully this is something that can be straightened out, it certainly isn't the kids fault.

If coaches cannot nominate another teams kids, then how did the one kid from CCH get elected to the team?

As mentioned earlier, EVERY team gets a top 24 player. Thus, I'm sure someone who had played them stepped up and said it should be Sutton. Since noone else was around to say otherwise....:irked:

If you have to nominate your kids and other coaches cannot nominate your players how did Peter Sutton get on there ?

Maybe you should have looked at the list before you threw your mud

If you have to nominate your kids and other coaches cannot nominate your players how did Peter Sutton get on there ?

Maybe you should have looked at the list before you threw your mud

I don't think he was saying anything that is untrue. Aside from maybe someone nominating a player for the top 24 as a "filler" because no CCH coach was there. But CCH was NOT overlooked b/c of politics, etc. If YOU want to point the finger somewhere, point it at Rodenberg.

I don't think he was saying anything that is untrue. Aside from maybe someone nominating a player for the top 24 as a "filler" because no CCH coach was there. But CCH was NOT overlooked b/c of politics, etc. If YOU want to point the finger somewhere, point it at Rodenberg.

And I did just that once it was confirmed that he was not there

As I said in my past 2 or 3 back it is very very sad that CCH's Head Coach did not show up and he owes his players an apology

Since you're taking the shotgun approach, let me clarify. I'm a "CovCath faithful" and my comments were very clearly directed at one of our own. I'm not blaming any other coaches, not even a little.

I assume you weren't directing your comments at me, but the shotgun approach tends to hit everyone standing around. :D

Good call hs . . . and the way you put this hit me right in my dummy spot (which is exactly what I needed--so thanks!)

I was not directing my comments to you (if I remember correctly--I think we were on a "similar" page). I wouldn't want most people to have to endure the "shot gun blast" (ha, ha!)--but a few need to, at the very least, feel the kick from the gun.

And to clarify for CCH . . . . the Coaches team (which wasn't even really published--other than the players of the year), the top 24 and the all state selections are all picked differently.

In order to be on the coaches team--you must be nominated by your coach. If the other coaches agree--the kids make it. If there is someone better, they debate their performance. And the right kid usually wins.

It is my understanding that the top 24 is very similar (and I think that someone already stated that each school can pick one--and then nominate someone else--that has to be voted on). And--the coach of that person is supposed to pick their player(s).

Someone actually explained the exact situation as to why Sutton was top 24 . . . something along the lines of (paraphased because I didn't quote it) "one of the good guys Dale, Tom or Noel probably stepped in" . . . .

(If you read into that--you would think that it could be a joke--but I know, personally, of at least one of those guys who said that they needed to bypass the rules on this one to ensure that a kid wasn't left out).

The all-state deal is yet again . . . . different as well. But it originates from the same principal: your coach needs to be there to nominate you.

Hopefully that clears things up. And if it didn't--here is the short version: COACH NEEDS TO GO TO THE MEETING . . . PERIOD. (or send another coach).

The part that drives me crazy is that for some--it is easier to say "POLITICS" than ASK what the process is. I have the honor of working for a coach that puts in 80 hours a week (at least)--and he ALWAYS finds time to make the meetings. And he usually makes one of us go with him so we can learn the ropes if he can't be there (which is funny because he has never missed--and I think it would take a natural disaster that cancels the meeting before he would).

Ask . . . . .then formulate your argument CCH . . . . it may help all of us.

Ok, maybe they didn't get recognized because the coach didn't attend the meeting. Hey, he has a busy week this week and hopefully next. I'm sure the kids, who by the way, when they get past JC, will be on thier way to state, which I feel would be much better to have the "state" recognize the entire team as STATE CHAMPS than the dozen or so standouts recognized by "Northern Kentucky " coaches. JMO

Ok, maybe they didn't get recognized because the coach didn't attend the meeting. Hey, he has a busy week this week and hopefully next. I'm sure the kids, who by the way, when they get past JC, will be on thier way to state, which I feel would be much better to have the "state" recognize the entire team as STATE CHAMPS than the dozen or so standouts recognized by "Northern Kentucky " coaches. JMO

I understand what you're stating. Apparently NC and Ryle coaches/representatives made the meeting though.

I don't think the kids care that much about the coaches' team or the NKAC team; but for Popham and perhaps others to miss out on a chance to be on the All-State team, to me, would be a huge deal. That's the real shame of it all.