Beechwood 47 Cooper 43 (OT) (9th Region Semifinal)

Good point on Spencer. He’s very effective in the post. Really quick.

Especially when he (Spencer) has a few inches on anyone guarding him. I only remember him catching the ball on the block once and he made it look easy. He only took 4 shots, I get he’s unselfish and not a great shooter but come on you have to put him in a position to score.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Especially when he (Spencer) has a few inches on anyone guarding him. I only remember him catching the ball on the block once and he made it look easy. He only took 4 shots, I get he’s unselfish and not a great shooter but come on you have to put him in a position to score.

100 percent agree. He almost led Cooper back against CCH with poised, explosive post play.

He’s not a great leaper, but a very quick leaper with long arms and a deft touch around the rim. Really good defender, great kid, great leader.

What was Draud for the night 4-20 from the field??

So you don’t know??

So one player vs a team?? Lol.

Thank you for all these posts which discredit anything you have and will post in this thread. The refs were consistent all night and actually called a game that favored Cooper and their very physical, hand checking defense.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #14

This game had some abysmal offense. Everyone is going to be saying “two teams who played excellent defense”. I disagree. Both teams took awful shots and made me cringe at how inefficient they were. I hope for a better game tomorrow.

I agree on the bad shots.

BW forced several shots late in regulation which actually led to Cooper tying it up.

It doesn't matter what Draud's FG percentage was, or how ugly the game was, or how the refs called the game. The bottom line is, Cooper plays a physical, ugly style of basketball, and Beechwood beat them at their own game. The Beechwood TEAM won, and Cooper lost. Beechwood is more than just Scotty Draud, and they proved that tonight. Big plays were made by virtually everybody that hit the court for Beechwood. Duncan Baugh didn't score a point, but he had some key rebounds and hustle plays that were crucial to tonight's win. It takes a team to get to the regional finals, not one individual. The Tigers March on to the finals, best of luck tomorrow, it should be another great game.

Look for having no dog in the fight it clearly shows you did! The bottom line is coach sully has always tried to sufacate you deffincively! (I know) I’ve coached against him. The bottom line is that not today’s game, you can’t score in 40s in win a game like this. When’s the last time I state champion won in the 40 pt. Range? No disrespect to coach but that’s not the game any more get out and run and let it fly!

Big Michael Spencer fan. I wish him all the best. Cooper is going to need a new floor general. IMO—that guy is someone who did not even play last night—-Zac Jennings.

On another note—-why is it so hard for players to do the math on the court? Recall that 4 plus 1 is 5. So if a foul needs to happen for a chance to regain possession, jump in and foul—don’t leave the job to your teammate who has 4 fouls. Even my elementary b-ball player knows this.