Beechwood 47 Cooper 43 (OT) (9th Region Semifinal)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 was in the final seconds on purpose then 1 in OT.

Well then 3 of the 12 fouls on Cooper we’re also intentional In order to stop the clock and put the Tigers at the free-throw line.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Rule #14

Well then 3 of the 12 fouls on Cooper we’re also intentional In order to stop the clock and put the Tigers at the free-throw line.

Yea I didn’t count those so 14.

Rule #13 - Punctuation

2 was in the final seconds on purpose then 1 in OT.

This is slightly inaccurate.

Beechwood only had 4 fouls until under 2 minutes left in OT. They fouled intentionally 3 times in the final minute of OT which gave them 7 total.

I am sure this helps your argument a little more. But honestly, scoring 43 doesnt typically doesnt win ball games!

Rule #14

I thought the fouls were a result of the way Beechwood played. They spread them out on every possession and went one on one aggressive to the basket and Cooper fouled as a result because the couldn’t keep the Beechwood kids out of the lane and cooper didn’t give much help when the defender got beat. Beechwood only shot a handful of threes because cooper didn’t help. Not sure if they just thought Beechwood could only beat them by hitting threes but the way Cooper played them, is why Beechwood won in my opinion.

To be honest, Cooper got away with quite a few fouls on drives to the basket. The refs let a lot of contact go on tonight. The game was officiated right in Cooper's wheelhouse, and Beechwood still found a way to win.

I thought the fouls were a result of the way Beechwood played. They spread them out on every possession and went one on one aggressive to the basket and Cooper fouled as a result because the couldn’t keep the Beechwood kids out of the lane and cooper didn’t give much help when the defender got beat. Beechwood only shot a handful of threes because cooper didn’t help. Not sure if they just thought Beechwood could only beat them by hitting threes but the way Cooper played them, is why Beechwood won in my opinion.

Considering Cooper held Beechwood to only 39 points in regulation, a game after Beechwood put up 80 on Dixie. I would say the way Cooper played them was better than any team has. Shoot they held them less this time than the time they beat them. The difference is Beechwoods defense played very well tonight and kept Cooper from being able to score on offense like last time.

Nice win Tigers! I thought they were gong to give it away when they let Cooper take it to OT.

Cooper's offense has struggled the past few weeks.

IMO - Houston should've gotten the ball more often.

And Spencer played too selfless all season. He is so good at getting into the lane but typically dished the ball. And honestly, he should have been posting up any Beechwood player guarding him. He is so quick and long but was under utilized.

Good luck to the Cooper seniors in their next ventures!

To be honest, Cooper got away with quite a few fouls on drives to the basket. The refs let a lot of contact go on tonight. The game was officiated right in Cooper's wheelhouse, and Beechwood still found a way to win.

Just like at the half Beechwood was trying to foul mugged Hampton but no foul call but then called a charge. It was a joke all night.

Just like at the half Beechwood was trying to foul mugged Hampton but no foul call but then called a charge. It was a joke all night.

That play was an absolute joke. You are correct, Beechwood tried to foul the man, and they let it go on, but that was a charge.

It just never should have gotten to the charge.

You sure complain about officiating a lot. No dog in the fight here, but I’m sorry you can call a defensive foul on Cooper or CCH on close to every possession.