Covington Catholic/Newport predictions

Covington Catholic vs. Newport (9th Region Semifinals at BB&T Arena)  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Covington Catholic vs. Newport (9th Region Semifinals at BB&T Arena)

• Covington Catholic (25-7)
    • Newport (25-8)

Well, it worked for the Patriots. I think everyone is keenly aware that the defending State Champs are "still here", but if this gets them going, I'm all for it.

The video is cool and well done, I'll give them that.

I have thought all year that Cooper beats CovCath in the 9th Region final, the two best coaches in the area going at it again, and I still feel that way today.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cov Cath is always a tough out this time of year. I think Frederick and the Colonels will come up with a game plan to control the tempo. I see Cov Cath winning in a low scoring game by 10-15.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

Cov Cath is always a tough out this time of year. I think Frederick and the Colonels will come up with a game plan to control the tempo. I see Cov Cath winning in a low scoring game by 10-15.

Will Frederick even be on the bench?

I overheard a discussion blaming him for the loss against Beechwood and I saw where he was looking for single tickets for the regional games...

I overheard a discussion blaming him for the loss against Beechwood and I saw where he was looking for single tickets for the regional games...

Was he on the bench for the St. Henry game?

Is the poll so close because people WANT Newport to win? Based on what you have seen, what makes people believe Newport can actually beat CovCath in this environment? This is what CovCath does. Experience.

Yes. And because Newport has 3 kids that are as talented as anyone Cov Cath has. Thelen and Mayer could be considered. Newport doesn't have experience or Coach Ruthsatz. Could be the difference. But just basketball, Newport can play with them and win.

Newport needs to come out in pressure from the jump, if they let CCH control the pace it will be 10-15 point game. The Colonels have struggled with pressure from the games I’ve seen. If Newport has some success speeding the Colonels up I think they can keep it close enough to have a chance in the 4th.

In that game versus Beechwood Covington Catholic missed 23 field goal attempts, missed 5 free throws and had some turnovers. Each of those missed shots and turnovers had as much to do with CCH losing as Frederick's technical. Whoever you overheard blaming Frederick for that loss is clueless. It was basically a non factor in the game.