Cooper/Beechwood predictions (9th Region Semifinals)

Cooper vs. Beechwood (9th Region Semifinals at BB&T Arena)  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Cooper vs. Beechwood (9th Region Semifinals at BB&T Arena)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt Sully's guys will be playing outstanding D. The Jags have been struggling offensively as of late. I hope the Jags come out on fire offensively, because no doubt their defensive has been outstanding the entire season. Best of luck & I vote for the Jags to come out with the W.

Should be a great semi finals game. IMO if Spencer shuts down Draud like he did in the first meeting Cooper should win. But if Beechwood gets Draud going early and he gets the rest of his team involved it could be a long night for the Jags.

I think Jags win 63-51

Great insight Glider! I agree with your intel. I also give Beechwood the slight edge because they play with a chip on their shoulder, with people continually doubting them because they are little Beechwood. We aren’t used to this school being good at basketball and as a result we have people like Frederick from Cov Cath yelling at young men because he is mad Draud continues to show him up after questioning his skills. With that said:

Beechwood- 62

Cooper - 55

This is a tough game to pick. Cooper's defense is definitely the best I have seen in the 9th region, but Beechwood has been on a roll as of late. If Beechwood can shoot like they did in the Quarterfinals (12/17 from 3), which I do not expect them to do, then they can win this game. Keeping Deere & Houston in check is going to be tough as well. If Cooper can continue to do what they have done all year by playing stifling defense and scoring by committee, then they should come out on top. I am excited for this one and think the winner of this game will go to Rupp next week.

With that being said...

Tigers - 54

Jags - 52

This final 4 creates an interesting dynamic. If you look solely at wins from earlier this year:

- Cooper would want Newport to beat CCH.

- Beechwood would want CCH to beat Newport.

- Newport would want Beechwood to beat Cooper.

- CCH would want Cooper to beat Beechwood.

These teams have bounced back and forth in the 9th region rankings all year!

I firmly believe any of them can win both Friday and Saturday!

I am going with Cooper playing CCH in the finals.

You really think CCH would rather play Cooper? Interesting. Why?

This is a tough game to pick. Cooper's defense is definitely the best I have seen in the 9th region, but Beechwood has been on a roll as of late. If Beechwood can shoot like they did in the Quarterfinals (12/17 from 3), which I do not expect them to do, then they can win this game. Keeping Deere & Houston in check is going to be tough as well. If Cooper can continue to do what they have done all year by playing stifling defense and scoring by committee, then they should come out on top. I am excited for this one and think the winner of this game will go to Rupp next week.

With that being said...

Tigers - 54

Jags - 52

“Scoring by committee....”. I like it!

Great insight Glider! I agree with your intel. I also give Beechwood the slight edge because they play with a chip on their shoulder, with people continually doubting them because they are little Beechwood. We aren’t used to this school being good at basketball and as a result we have people like Frederick from Cov Cath yelling at young men because he is mad Draud continues to show him up after questioning his skills. With that said:

Beechwood- 62

Cooper - 55

You appear to have a real issue with that dude, about the 4th post where you go at him.

You really think CCH would rather play Cooper? Interesting. Why?

I was wondering the same thing. I would think CCH would love to play Beechwood again. Beating CCH twice this year was an outstanding accomplishment for the Tigers. A third encounter might be tempting fate. It is hard to beat a great team 3 times.

For the same reason, I would think Beechwood would want Newport to beat CCH.

Regardless, here’s hoping that the Tigers prevail tonight and are lucky enough to have that problem tomorrow.