Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle vs Henderson Co.

Who wins 157 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I can't link to any articles but I had heard from a player that Ryle and Henderson were not exchanging film and that Ryle had picked up film on Henderson from another team. I posted that here to see if anyone could confirm that or enlighten us as to why.

 

 

False

  • Replies 123
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its funny how so many post in this thread start with "I heard" or "word is". How about a little more facts instead of so much rumor. Like I said I know for a FACT the HC coaches trade film. I have been there to see it myself before.
I certainly don't have any inside scoop on Henderson's policy concerning tape exchange, but word that Henderson doesn't want to trade tapes with certain teams has been making the rounds for a while.

As far as the game who knows. I know zero about Ryle. I didn't even know where Union was until this week. I don't think either team was ever expected to still be standing at this point. Henderson was picked by many in this area to go 5-5 in the regular season and probably have a first round exit in the playoffs. What Duffer and the other coaches have done with these kids is unbelievable.
I expected Ryle to come out of northern Kentucky, and I certainly didn't see Henderson finishing 5-5, either. Maybe 6-4, but I couldn't come up with five losses at the start of the season.

 

I'll admit that Henderson has been a surprise, but some of the people up there insist on exaggerating it just a bit.

I'll admit that Henderson has been a surprise, but some of the people up there insist on exaggerating it just a bit.

 

 

Up there? In Hederson? In NKY?

I certainly don't have any inside scoop on Henderson's policy concerning tape exchange, but word that Henderson doesn't want to trade tapes with certain teams has been making the rounds for a while.

I expected Ryle to come out of northern Kentucky, and I certainly didn't see Henderson finishing 5-5, either. Maybe 6-4, but I couldn't come up with five losses at the start of the season.

 

I'll admit that Henderson has been a surprise, but some of the people up there insist on exaggerating it just a bit.

 

When you looked at their schedule before the season started you could have put down Castle, North, Paducah Tilghman, North Hardin, Moeller, and Owensboro as possible losses. Castle ended up not being as good as advertised even though Henderson did lose that one. North was as good as advertised, Tilghman had a very rough start, the North Hardin game could have gone either way, Moeller ended up getting rained out and Henderson did lose to Owensboro. So 5-5 was well within reason. No one is exaggerating anything. Look at who Henderson had to replace and what starters they returned. A sophmore QB who had yet to start a game or even really see much PT with the varsity. They had to replace most of the o-line, an all state wide out and another very good wide out. Lightfoot, Gilham, and Thacker were the only skilled position players coming back on offense.

 

If you couldn't look at their schedule and what they had returning and come up with a possible 5 losses then you were looking with your eyes closed. Did I think they would lose 5, no. But some did. I was figuring 6-4 at worse and 8-2at best.

"I'll admit that Henderson has been a surprise, but some of the people up there insist on exaggerating it just a bit."

 

We lost Fidler and LaMar and yes, almost if not all our lines, which were not great last year. We had to change our approach to offense. People may say that your Henderson so you reload, but Duffy uses a 2A sized pool of players in his coaching style. It is by far the best coaching job I have seen in years even wihtout overcoming issues off the field. That sounds crazy, but with the players he has had to work with, it is not crazy. As far as getting more kids out, I guess he did that to himself, but the coaching of these players is absolutly the best I have seen. Below average players are now good football players in the span of a year. Players are transforming in two or three games. Our team now would beat the heck out of our team 6 weeks ago. This team can adjust better than any team I have seen from week to week. Considering we play DC, Grayson, and Ohio there is no exaggerating what our record would have been. Those teams are so bad that 3 wins would happen no matter what. Its a work of art.

False

 

What is false? That I heard this from a player or my intentions for posting it?:confused:

What is false? That I heard this from a player or my intentions for posting it?:confused:

 

 

They got tapes, they got them from Henderson, that's a fact.

They got tapes, they got them from Henderson, that's a fact.

 

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. "False" was just a really confusing answer for my other post I thought.

I hope Ryle wins. It would be wonderful for a NKY team to beat a Duffy.

I hope Ryle wins. It would be wonderful for a NKY team to beat a Duffy.

 

 

Wonderrifficgreatfantasticful, would be more appropriate. I'm guessing most of Ryle's staff played against a Duffy team.

I can't speak for this game but I can tell you that "the Henderson Coaches never trade film" is not correct.

I know for a fact that Hendo coaches trade films!

"I'll admit that Henderson has been a surprise, but some of the people up there insist on exaggerating it just a bit."

 

We lost Fidler and LaMar and yes, almost if not all our lines, which were not great last year. We had to change our approach to offense. People may say that your Henderson so you reload, but Duffy uses a 2A sized pool of players in his coaching style. It is by far the best coaching job I have seen in years even wihtout overcoming issues off the field. That sounds crazy, but with the players he has had to work with, it is not crazy. As far as getting more kids out, I guess he did that to himself, but the coaching of these players is absolutly the best I have seen. Below average players are now good football players in the span of a year. Players are transforming in two or three games. Our team now would beat the heck out of our team 6 weeks ago. This team can adjust better than any team I have seen from week to week. Considering we play DC, Grayson, and Ohio there is no exaggerating what our record would have been. Those teams are so bad that 3 wins would happen no matter what. Its a work of art.

That bout sums it up.

This one is getting heated, Very interesting.

I can't speak for this game but I can tell you that "the Henderson Coaches never trade film" is not correct.

Thanks for clearing that up. :thumb:

What is Ryle's record in final 4s and regional finals in recent years?

Is this a zinger or what?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.