Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LSU 73 Kentucky 71

Featured Replies

As someone else stated above, this game came down to the point guard play and LSU's Waters outplayed our point guards.

 

The other deciding factor is as UKMF stated above, LSU out worked UK the last part of the game.

  • Replies 125
  • Views 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seth Greenburg said that it wouldn't be considered defensive goaltending because the ball wasn't at the rim yet.

 

I don't want to live in a world where this is not goaltending. Yes, I saw the Gene Steratore tweet and all the other back & forth about whether UK guy "vibrated" the goal and backboard by hitting the net and/or rim.

 

If Steratore and others are right, we're going to get a whole new defensive strategy of big guys / athletic guys who can jump camping out underneath the basket, jumping up and extending their hands outside the "cylinder" or the "cone" or "at the rim" to knock balls away.

 

While the above is actually unlikely, I can definitely see a goofy coach with a tall kid messing with 3 point shooter depth perception by waving their arms around up through the net since it's not goaltending.

 

Why can't the rule be simple enough to state you can't put your hand up through the basket while a shot is in the air (regardless of whether you hit the net, hit the rim, vibrate the basket, ball is "at the rim," etc.)?

 

Defensive Goaltending.JPG

I don't want to live in a world where this is not goaltending. Yes, I saw the Gene Steratore tweet and all the other back & forth about whether UK guy "vibrated" the goal and backboard by hitting the net and/or rim.

 

If Steratore and others are right, we're going to get a whole new defensive strategy of big guys / athletic guys who can jump camping out underneath the basket, jumping up and extending their hands outside the "cylinder" or the "cone" or "at the rim" to knock balls away.

 

While the above is actually unlikely, I can definitely see a goofy coach with a tall kid messing with 3 point shooter depth perception by waving their arms around up through the net since it's not goaltending.

 

Why can't the rule be simple enough to state you can't put your hand up through the basket while a shot is in the air (regardless of whether you hit the net, hit the rim, vibrate the basket, ball is "at the rim," etc.)?

 

[ATTACH]67982[/ATTACH]

 

I'd be very okay with that being the rule jpa.

 

Thanks for providing a great picture of guys just standing around watching.

As someone else stated above, this game came down to the point guard play and LSU's Waters outplayed our point guards.

 

The other deciding factor is as UKMF stated above, LSU out worked UK the last part of the game.

 

I would say more out played Hagans than Quickley. When Quickley basically played pg all first half with Hagans in foul trouble. Their pg didnt do much at all. Second half Hagans was back in for most of it and then he got going. Hagans definitely has struggled a little bit recently. Quickley was the better of the two yesterday.

You were right.

 

Not sure where I would rank them, but that's the best team UK has played in conference thus far.

 

Thank you, I had a person ask me why top 10 and/or where I thought they should be. To the "why" question my answer was simply …. I've watched them play. As for where I am like you, I'm not certain either. Maybe around 8-10. I'm not sure that there's 10 teams that are better than them right now. jmo

As for where U.K. should be, I will see what happens on Saturday

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.