Marty Brennaman has announced that 2019 will be his final season calling Reds games

Marty and Joe????

How many of you remember Waite Hoyt and Jack Moran, back when the Reds had only one sponsor - Burger Beer, and then later Strohs.

I remember Hoyt and Moran calling games when Joe Nuxhall was pitching in them.

Scary!!!

And praying for a rain delay so Hoyt could spin his Babe Ruth stories for us.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
Marty only has 9 games left as the radio voice of the Reds. I read that this morning, and it's been sitting like a brick in my stomach today. Kind of took me by surprise that it got me that much.

He really even has less than 9 games. He's not traveling to Pittsburgh for the final series. So make that 6 games left.

He really even has less than 9 games. He's not traveling to Pittsburgh for the final series. So make that 6 games left.

Well dang...that means his last game is on a Thursday. I was honestly planning on heading up to NKY for that weekend so I could actually listen the last Pirates game on WLW that Sunday and hear him wrap it up.

Well dang...that means his last game is on a Thursday. I was honestly planning on heading up to NKY for that weekend so I could actually listen the last Pirates game on WLW that Sunday and hear him wrap it up.

Yeah, Thursday is his last game. Might be worth taking off work and going to the game. I believe they are handing out transistor radios (or something like that) for fans to listen to his final broadcast in GABP. Plus there is a post-game party on the field and fans are allowed down on the field for it.

Yeah, Thursday is his last game. Might be worth taking off work and going to the game. I believe they are handing out transistor radios (or something like that) for fans to listen to his final broadcast in GABP. Plus there is a post-game party on the field and fans are allowed down on the field for it.

I think the Reds and WLW giving out radios and ear-buds for the game is a great idea so everyone can listen to Marty's final broadcast.

I've heard from a friend who works at a bar down on the Banks that the pre-game festivities at The Grail and the on-field pre-game ceremony are both going to be really cool. Man, I wish I could be down there, that is going to be a special, special day!

Man, that's AWESOME!

I will be in attendance...

Marty is indeed a legend, one of those people worth traveling in order to say that you were there for the end of an era.

In 2014 I made the trip to Saratoga Race Track from Cincinnati to hear Tom Durkin, a legendary race-caller, call the races one last time in person, during his retirement season.

I've never regretted it.

I read yesterday that MLB Network was going to broadcast the game, but simulcast the radio feed for their audio. Only problem is, that the blackout restrictions are going to be in effect, so those closest to the game are probably not going to be able to watch it that way.

I believe that FSO is supposed to the same thing, but just in the 9th inning. It would've been nice for them to do the whole game, as well, or at least allow the blackout restrictions to be lifted.