Highlands 2007 Offensive line

Qryche11

Hempling will be very good again. After that, I think it depends on the younger guys development. Brown and Shlosser were both excpetional frosh players. If the underclassmen aren't ready, could we see some seniors move to interior line spots?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it interesting that there are several threads talking about "last year" and " next year" already when we are in the middle of the playoffs, the pinnacle of the season. I always thought as the playoffs progress, the area schools begin lining up behind their peers in strong support as they move to take on other regions of the state. I think it works all ways, some years your favorite school advances and others support you, and when it is not your year, you support others, all classes, A, AA, AAA, AAAA.

The rest of the state sure talks about N KY generically, does not matter to them which school name advances, we are considered N. KY schools at this point. So it is the critical time of the playoffs, and it feels a bit strange to have so much talk already about last year, next year...

Just my observation, opinion, and maybe hope that N KY football can be a community that follows each other through the end, then talks about last year, next year.

Just my thoughts, do not intend to offend anyone.

I find it interesting that there are several threads talking about "last year" and " next year" already when we are in the middle of the playoffs, the pinnacle of the season. I always thought as the playoffs progress, the area schools begin lining up behind their peers in strong support as they move to take on other regions of the state. I think it works all ways, some years your favorite school advances and others support you, and when it is not your year, you support others, all classes, A, AA, AAA, AAAA.

The rest of the state sure talks about N KY generically, does not matter to them which school name advances, we are considered N. KY schools at this point. So it is the critical time of the playoffs, and it looks a bit selfish to have so much talk just about one or a few teams, last year, next year...

Just my observation, opinion, and maybe hope on how N KY football should be!

In case you didn't know it, Highlands season ended this past week. And by several, do you actually mean 2? So while I'm sure the HHS faithful will get out and support other NKY teams, it is also a time for them to start looking to next year. I believe if you go to the game threads that involve the other NKY teams you will find the HHS fans posting in there as well.

There is so much "selfish" talk as you put it because a significant amount of the posters on BGP are HHS fans.

This was his first year at Highlands correct? a transfer I beleive right?

He began his freshman year at Highlands. That doesn't qualify as a transfer.

He's as much of a transfer as a non-cathlic kid from Boone county deciding to attend Cov. Cath.

I was not "trying" anything... I simply have seen a Don Brown a couple times a few years back but it wasn't in the FTJFL and didn't attend Highlands to my knowledge and was wondering if it was the same kid...

Actually he did play a couple of years in the FTJFL.

The rest of the state sure talks about N KY generically, does not matter to them which school name advances, we are considered N. KY schools at this point. So it is the critical time of the playoffs, and it feels a bit strange to have so much talk already about last year, next year...

Just my observation, opinion, and maybe hope that N KY football can be a community that follows each other through the end, then talks about last year, next year.

If we were to follow that logic, there would only be current threads on BGP that address the upcoming games, and such is not the case. The discussion about next year does not in any way diminish our support for the N.Ky schools still playing. Sorry that you feel that way.

Let's be honest here, like everyone else, HHS fan's number one interest is HHS football, period. Even though our season is over we are still more interested in what was/what will be for our team than the other teams currently playing. That does not mean we don't support the local teams. I get pumped that we have a GREAT chance for all 3 teams to advance and also have a good track for a couple crowns for No KY and will spending a lot of time on here Friday nights getting updates on the games. I don't think that is a lack of respect for the teams still playing as I would expect the same from their fans. It's just the way it is.

Are you suggesting they move #22 to an interior line position?

That would be a horrible move, IMO! I'm sure many others agree with me. The kid can block on running plays around the end, which is very important to Highlands' mentallity. Also, this year, he was one of our best and most consistant recievers. There are a few defensive linemen that I am pretty sure will be playing offense in 2007 at HHS. In fact, there were 3 pretty beefy sophs that I saw in a few games who just pushed people around. The future looked pretty good from where I was standing...

Whatever the Birds do on the line, they need to begin looking to run an offense that consists of more than 3-4 plays, with the only passes thrown BEING 30+ YARDS DOWN FIELD. If they do not develop short and intermediate passes into the system, they suffer the same fate next year that they have suffered through for the past 2. A new play book is in order!

I'm not sure where you are from or what team you follow, but at Highlands, our fans are capable of walking and chewing gum at the same time....