Highlands 2007 Offensive line

Qryche11

First of all I want to give props to every lineman on this year's squad as they had a great year and were a lot of fun to watch. However, with many being seniors.... what will the future hold for the HHS Line? Who are the up and comers and who will be battling for jobs? I know Hempfling #78 will anchor the line as a SR next year... but they will need to fill a lot of HUGE shoes.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow....124 views and nobody with any insight as to who may step forward from the JV or Frosh squads. A little birdy told me that some of the freshman footballers who normally lace up the Chuck Taylors in the Winter are skipping time on the hardwood. Will they be hitting the weights for next season as Sophomores?

Was he the same one that got knocked flat on his can on extra points??? (LOL) How could I forget #78's debut performance to the O-line last year. Has he ever learned to tackle on INT's yet? He most definitely is the exception to the rule! No doubt the product of excellent line coaching at the youth level (props to 'Neck!!!)

O-line for 2007 is wide open. With only 1 starter back from the heralded 06 line, there are many holes to fill. # 51 Dowling did start a couple of games at center while Wise was out, and did well. He along with 78 are probably the only 2 that have inside tracks to starting roles next year. I'd say whoever is already in the weight room and stays there all winter will have an inside track to the open positions on O line. And whos to say that HHS doesnt move a TE ala Scot Wise to one of these positions. Lets not forget the whole D line from this year is also gone. Should be interesting.

O-line for 2007 is wide open. With only 1 starter back from the heralded 06 line, there are many holes to fill. # 51 Dowling did start a couple of games at center while Wise was out, and did well. He along with 78 are probably the only 2 that have inside tracks to starting roles next year. I'd say whoever is already in the weight room and stays there all winter will have an inside track to the open positions on O line. And whos to say that HHS doesnt move a TE ala Scot Wise to one of these positions. Lets not forget the whole D line from this year is also gone. Should be interesting.

Are you suggesting they move #22 to an interior line position?