Cleveland Browns Next Head Football Coach

I feel like they should let Gregg Williams run with the job. Seems like he finally has the Browns heading in the right direction and it would seem that him and Mayfield have a good rapport.

If I'm a Browns fan I agree with this. As a Bengals fan I hope they give it to McCarthy.

Gregg "The Bounty Hunter" Williams.

No doubt, the Browns looked better down the stretch with the Bounty Hunter and Baker leading the way. But also keep in mind Cleveland did not beat an above .500 team going back to their fifth game of the season. A 12-9 OT victory over the Ravens, before Lamar Jackson was playing. We see this every year believing "Team X" is the next big thing because of how they finished the year, or perceived talent on a roster. Down the stretch Cleveland beat Atlanta, Cincy x 2, Denver, and Carolina. A group of teams that were disasters.

I would pass on Williams, but I can see the Browns being Ed Orgeroned into thinking he is a good coach and giving him the job, because they are the Browns.

Gregg "The Bounty Hunter" Williams.

No doubt, the Browns looked better down the stretch with the Bounty Hunter and Baker leading the way. But also keep in mind Cleveland did not beat an above .500 team going back to their fifth game of the season. A 12-9 OT victory over the Ravens, before Lamar Jackson was playing. We see this every year believing "Team X" is the next big thing because of how they finished the year, or perceived talent on a roster. Down the stretch Cleveland beat Atlanta, Cincy x 2, Denver, and Carolina. A group of teams that were disasters.

I would pass on Williams, but I can see the Browns being Ed Orgeroned into thinking he is a good coach and giving him the job, because they are the Browns.

I see what your saying but the Browns have not won games the last few years. Even if their win were against sub-par teams that is better than what they have done in the past.

I see what your saying but the Browns have not won games the last few years. Even if their win were against sub-par teams that is better than what they have done in the past.

No doubt. I am just saying let's pump the brakes a bit with expectations of what the Browns are going to do. It looks promising, but the NFL has a way of annually humbling teams "on the verge." Going into this year it was Minnesota.

McDaniels is officially pulling his name from all head coach openings and remaining with the Pats.

I'm starting to think him even interviewing each year is another step in the mastermind that is Belicheck. McDaniels pulls some key strategy hopes for the next coach from the interview and Bill uses it to his advantage. Long shot crazy thought I know, but if there was a coach that could orchestrate all of that BB is the guy!

McDaniels is officially pulling his name from all head coach openings and remaining with the Pats.

I'm starting to think him even interviewing each year is another step in the mastermind that is Belicheck. McDaniels pulls some key strategy hopes for the next coach from the interview and Bill uses it to his advantage. Long shot crazy thought I know, but if there was a coach that could orchestrate all of that BB is the guy!

Way too complicated, and I doubt that they'd get anything useful from an interview Mcdaniels did 9 months before the start of the season. At this point, I think Mcdaniels is the next Patriots coach, and that Belichick is walking away sooner than later. Mcadaniels will keep testing the waters in the meantime, but it will take a great offer, from a great organization for him to walk away from the Patriots job that he has in the bag.

Way too complicated, and I doubt that they'd get anything useful from an interview Mcdaniels did 9 months before the start of the season. At this point, I think Mcdaniels is the next Patriots coach, and that Belichick is walking away sooner than later. Mcadaniels will keep testing the waters in the meantime, but it will take a great offer, from a great organization for him to walk away from the Patriots job that he has in the bag.

I agree. It was a lousy attempt at sarcasm, but as I stated, if any coach could pull it off, it's BB.

Really thought he was all in on the Cleveland job, but I'm glad he's staying put.

At this point, I think it's either at season's end or after next season that Bill hangs it up. If they can win the SB (or maybe even just make it again), I think there's a very good chance both Bill & Brady both ride off into the sunset.

If not, I imagine they'll give it one more shot next season.

Either way, I can't imagine a scenario at this point where McDaniels isn't the Patriots coach by the 2020-2021 season at the latest.

Browns reporter Mary Lou Cabot is saying that the Browns will hire offensive coordinator Freddie Kitchens.

I don't know what to think about that. He certainly did a great job when he took over as OC after Haley and Hue were fired. But the fact that he hadn't ever called plays before that, and that he is a pretty darn good OC, I'd like Cleveland to keep him as just that, OC and hire a different Head Coach who would be open to keeping Kitchens in that role.

Did anyone really expect the Browns to bring in a marquee name? Come on. I get that they have Mayfield and won some games vs non playoff teams but temper expectations. The serious interest of the two names to start the thread never materialized