Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ravens 26 Browns 24

Featured Replies

I suppose people will keep speculating until they are right. Virtually every player in the NFL experiences injury multiple times in their career. The fascination with Lamar’s apparent impending doom is exhausting, though.

 

I am a Lamar fan. I asked the question because I want to watch him for a long time in the NFL and I don't think that will happen if he keeps doing what he has done this year. He has to get better throwing the ball and being an NFL style QB. I think Russell Wilson is the model I would try to emulate if I were Lamar.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am a Lamar fan. I asked the question because I want to watch him for a long time in the NFL and I don't think that will happen if he keeps doing what he has done this year. He has to get better throwing the ball and being an NFL style QB. I think Russell Wilson is the model I would try to emulate if I were Lamar.

I ask this with all due respect to Lamar, but Lamar can’t be Russell Wilson. Wilson is a very cerebral QB. That’s just not Lamar’s game. For Lamar to be successful he has to be himself.

As a Ravens fan and a fan of Lamar when he was at UofL, I’ve watched every game that he’s played this year. IMO, since becoming the starter, his passing game has improved.

 

I think that what bothers me and perhaps @TheDeuce is that it feels like people immediately want him to fit the mold of what they’ve grown accustomed to for quarterbacks. Lamar wouldn’t be Lamar if he did. Also, he was not the starter at the beginning of the season this year. He played more games as the backup then as the starter. He came in under a system that was set up for Flacco. I’d say wait on all of the concern until next season to see what kind of plan they have for him.

Cam Newton

Russell Wilson

Aaron Rodgers

 

All those guys run...

 

None of them has had to run as much as Lamar has to start with. As for Newton it's still his passing that hurts him. Basically only one season now where his team has done much.

 

26-11-17-14-18-13-20 rushing attempts in his games started. It's working, but I don't know how long he can stay healthy running that much.

Why do some of you consider being concerned about him and his future to be equal to hating him?

Why do some of you consider being concerned about him and his future to be equal to hating him?

No one has said that. I think you are linking together two separate issues in this thread.

 

Issue 1: There are Lamar haters. Whether that be because he won the Heisman, that he played for UofL or some other reason, they exist. I see them in my social media feeds. I don’t see them on BGP.

 

Issue 2: See my post two above yours.

 

Those that fall in the issue 1 category don’t care about issue two. They would be glad to see him hurt.

 

Oh, you might have some haters that talk about him not being sustainable due to his running the ball, but they differentiate themselves by NEVER giving him any credit.

What I find funny is how Bengal fans said the Bengals should have known how to stop Lamar his first starr, when wasnt much tape at all on how the Ravens would use him. Yet now there is plenty of tape on him and teams still arent stopping him. It's not as easy as some thought to stop him.

 

Well, to be fair they didn't stop anyone all year. I don't know why they would have been surprised.

No one has said that. I think you are linking together two separate issues in this thread.

 

Issue 1: There are Lamar haters. Whether that be because he won the Heisman, that he played for UofL or some other reason, they exist. I see them in my social media feeds. I don’t see them on BGP.

 

Issue 2: See my post two above yours.

 

Those that fall in the issue 1 category don’t care about issue two. They would be glad to see him hurt.

 

Oh, you might have some haters that talk about him not being sustainable due to his running the ball, but they differentiate themselves by NEVER giving him any credit.

 

I really hope the bolded part is not true.

As a Ravens fan and a fan of Lamar when he was at UofL, I’ve watched every game that he’s played this year. IMO, since becoming the starter, his passing game has improved.

 

I think that what bothers me and perhaps @TheDeuce is that it feels like people immediately want him to fit the mold of what they’ve grown accustomed to for quarterbacks. Lamar wouldn’t be Lamar if he did. Also, he was not the starter at the beginning of the season this year. He played more games as the backup then as the starter. He came in under a system that was set up for Flacco. I’d say wait on all of the concern until next season to see what kind of plan they have for him.

Good post.

I think Cleveland fans should be excited about their team's future. I feel like they will solidify their offensive line in the draft. I think they got good potential for 2019.

^ I agree. They served notice on the AFC North. They swept the Bengals, split with Baltimore (though nearly won the second one too), tied one with Pittsburgh (FG were hard to come by at the beginning of the season). This is a different Browns team than we have seen for a loooong time.

Do Browns fans want Williams back as coach?

 

Something to think about: The Browns beat the Ravens under Hue and lost to them under Williams.

 

Are there any wins or scores under Williams that make you sit up, take notice and say Williams clearly made a difference? Maybe the win over the Falcons?

 

What say you Browns fans?

That’s a good point Dever’s TB lead the league in rushing that year after Tebow left he never rushed for over 500 yards again n a season..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.