Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is the New Playoff Format Now Better?

Featured Replies

I (along with a great many other people on this site) was critical of the new playoff format as of Friday morning.

 

Given the results of Friday night's games, is anyone ready to admit that the new format, creating rematches of regular-season district games, was a good idea?

 

A great many games came out in ways I never expected: a huge second-half comeback by Lex Cath and Bethlehem over Bardstown, just to name two. In the interest of giving credence to a pre-Friday thread, the second-round matchups made the new format worthwhile.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling westsider... :lol:

Lot of wack first-round games, but tonight's games have been pretty darned good.

I still prefer the old system matching district against district.

I still prefer the old system matching district against district.

I agree with you. I prefer the old system where you saw new teams. Some of the games were very good last night but I can guarantee you that in the old system the games in the 2nd round would have been pretty darn good as well. I personally just don't think that in football you should play the same team twice unless they earn their way back to playing again.

I still prefer the old system matching district against district.

Ditto:thumb:

People usually resist change, but I must admit, this new format has been extremely interesting. Both formats should be used in an alternating format.

:confused:

:argue: Keep it one way or the other do not try and mix things up more than it already is.

People usually resist change, but I must admit, this new format has been extremely interesting. Both formats should be used in an alternating format.

The good games were this week. I believe you will see multiple blowouts next week!!!

Under the old system Corbin would be playing at home next week, instead they have to travel 3 1/2 hours to play the defending state champion.

Under the old 4A system, the best teams had a chance to meet in the finals..not so now.

I prefer the old arrangement to the one we have this year. I look forward to next year in 6A when hopefully Male can be on the other side of the bracket from X and T. It would be nice for a change. Probably won't happen with the anit-Louisville vitriol, though.

No.

Pitiful system... if T and X are ever not in the finals they could play the game in K-Mart's parking lot. Does anyone know how many in paid attendance it takes to break even when renting PJCS?

Pitiful system... if T and X are ever not in the finals they could play the game in K-Mart's parking lot. Does anyone know how many in paid attendance it takes to break even when renting PJCS?

 

I got a solution. Since Lousiville wears Red and the rest of the state bleeds blue anyway lets just see if Indiana will annex them and it would solve the problem.:thumb:

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.